Upcycled Rusty Bike Fenders and Casters

If you enjoy upcycling...reusing discarded objects to make something of value...I have a perfect project for you. It not only uses rusty junk but it's useful and it's also fairly easy to construct
What we're making is a memo board. After a little bit of digging in my pile of junk I came up with my supplies... a pile of rusty vintage casters, a rusty bike fender, spray chalkboard paint leftover from a dartboard cabinet, a scrap piece of wood (make sure it has a smooth finish), and half a shutter.
Cut out enough shutter slats for how large you’d like your chalkboard to be.  With a jigsaw I cut the ends of 9 slats.  Once you cut one end, the slats just pull right out.
Cut your scrap wood  a couple inches wider and taller than your shutter opening.  Spray with chalk board paint.
Sand down your shutter to get rid of any rough edges and chippy paint.  If you want your shutter a different color, now would be a great time to paint, before attaching any accessories.
I had 5 casters I wanted to use as hooks on the bottom of my memo board.  Measure, mark,drill and insert your caster.  Make sure the hole is a tight fit or use adhesive to secure.
Nail or screw the chalkboard onto the shutter from the back.
You were probably wondering what I was going to do with the rusty bike fender.  It’s a chalk holder of course!  A little sanding shows there is actually some good metal under all that rust.
Finished off the inside of the fender with a coat of bright red paint.

The fender was attached to the shutter with a couple of screws and nuts.

I’m sure he is the happiest memo holder you’ve seen all day.
The other half of this shutter was also made into a memo board. If you would like to see what you can do with a rusty rake head, you can find that memo board here. http://scavengerchic.com/2017/03/02/12650/

And for lots more pictures and 15 more shutter projects make sure you click on the link below.

30 Great Mason Jar Ideas You Have To Try
The 25 Most-Viewed Mason Jar Projects on Hometalk
3 Weird Step-by-Step Ways to Decorate Your Plain Tea Towels
30 Address Signs That'll Make Your Neighbors Stop in Admiration
Old License Plates Lying Around? Check Out These 28 Snazzy Decor Ideas
Quick Easter Egg Ideas That Are Just Too Cute
30 Jaw-Dropping Decorating Techniques You've Never Seen Before
30 Amazing Ways To Organize Your Shoes
These 21 Bloggers Came Up With The Most Amazing Organization Ideas
ScavengerChic