Upcycled End Table From a Wooden Tray and Wire Basket

End tables are always an essential for your home, and it's not a surprise that the ones that we are dying for always end up with a higher price tag. Before you drop some cash, why not try making it? Enter, our DIY version of this home essential: a super stylish side table that anyone can make out of a wire basket and a wooden tray. This easy DIY upcycle project is so affordable and takes less than 20 minutes.

The end product of this upcycle is so chic, you won't believe how easy it is to make! All you need is a basket that's the right height (approximately 2.5 feet) and a tray that is slightly larger in width than the basket. We decided we loved the raw wood look of our tray, and pairing on-trend metallics with natural elements like wood warms the project up a bit. If you prefer to switch it up, an optional first step would be to paint your tray (or basket, for that matter) to match your decor color palette. Regardless of what color you decide, you should use a wooden tray top because you're going to be nailing it to the basket. Let's get started!

Step 1: Flip the tray upside down on a safe and secure surface (i.e.- not a wobbly tabletop!). Align the wire basket in the center of the tray, making sure there is enough room around the basket to nail the cable staples into the wooden tray.

Step 2: Hook the curved, plastic end of the cable staple around the wire basket edge with the nail facing out. Then simply hammer the nail into the wood! We say "simply" but actually it took more coordination than we thought. Because the nail is so small, be careful not to hit your fingers as you hammer!

Step 3: Repeat the above step at least 4 times, nailing cable staples around the circumference of the tray to fully secure the basket to the tray top. If you want it to be even more secure, you can use industrial glue to reinforce the cable staples to the tray. We ended up adding glue later when our surface was just a touch too wobbly for our taste.

When you're finished you'll have a super chic (and super affordable) industrial style end table that you can use as a nightstand, in the office, or in the living room! So simple, you might just want to make one for every room in your home.

Use the link below to head over to bemakeful.com to see the materials we used for this project!

To see more: http://bit.ly/2mkHL8v

• Bilinda Law-Morley

i know this is weird but I can't think of where else to ask...and I'm sorry, but it's nothing to do with this project, I'm just reaching out hoping for a helpful person.
    How do I edit Pinterest please? Things like deleting pins, moving them to another board, or renaming boards?
    Again, apologies-and thanks in advance hopefully
    • Donna

Look at Restore stores, junk shops, garage sales and farm auctions for these baskets. I see them a lot. Same with the wood trays. Also check your local Buy Sell Trade Facebook groups.

• Nanetteperez

Where do you buy the metal basket? I love this project but don't know where to buy a basket like the one you used.

• Donna

Look at Restore stores, junk shops, garage sales and farm auctions for these baskets. I see them a lot. Same with the wood trays. Also check your local Buy Sell Trade Facebook groups

• Cynthia Joy Knisely

I want to renovate my kitchen cabinets and drawers myself. How can I do it? Also I want to rejuvenate my basement. It has low ceilings with foam ceiling tiles. How can I fix this when all the pipes are are there? Can I paint panels?

• Reb32418902

I have a lazy Susan that I would like to attach to a basket. Any ideas for finding a basket that would work? Inner portion would have to rest. On top of the basket to work. Any size would do.

• Donna

I really love this project. I'm saving idea. Thank You for the inspiration!♡