Pinecone Zinnia Wreath

$20

This project is for all my Hometalkers' who live somewhere with an abundance of pinecones! For me, I had to buy them off amazon since the city isn't really a huge source for natural pinecones.

With that being said, the first thing you'll need is a big bowl of pinecones. I used all different sizes but you can use what you find!

I started by painting the bottoms (or tops, I'm not too sure) of the pinecones. I only painted them half way down. Be sure to get in every nook and cranny thought, you can really slop on the paint here.

Once the base is dry, paint a yellow center onto the pinecone; much like the center of a flower.

Next comes the husking. Pull, cut or saw off the unpainted half of your pinecone. I didn't think it use scissors until I was half done so take it from me, start with the scissors!

After you are done husking them, grab a wire wreath form and twist the pinecones into the slats.

After all your pinecones are in place grab some greenery and fill in the empty spots. I used some garland from Michales and simply pulled off the pieces and laced them through the form.

And you're left with this amazing wreath. Ugh, the colors make me want spring to be here ASAP! I love looking at it hanging on the door and it adds the perfect touch of color to my apartment.

• Pinecones  (Amazon)
  • Craft Paint  (Michaels)
  • Wire Form  (Michales)

Hometalk's Top 10 Spookiest Halloween Picks Of 2017
Transform Tuna Cans Into Gorgeous Lighting In 10 Simple Steps
31 Creative Ways To Fill Empty Wall Space
30 Address Signs That'll Make Your Neighbors Stop in Admiration