Boho Chic EASY Pillow Tutorial

Hey you guys! Today I’m sharing the EASIET little pillow tutorial ever! I bet if you’ve been on Pinterest in the last few months or peaked inside any home decor magazines you have seen a kilim pillow or rug (Pronounced kill-eem)

boho chic easy pillow tutorial

boho chic easy pillow tutorial

SOOOO pretty right? But they also happen to be pretty pricey. Well, I happened inside the Five Below store in my area a couple of weeks ago and noticed that they have these amazing little woven rugs in all different patterns and colors right now. And the best part? They are $2.

boho chic easy pillow tutorial

I picked up a couple to make some darling little faux kilim pillows for a client and decided that I just had to share how to make these! 
Here is what you will need,
Woven rug – is from Five Below
Sewing machine and thread
Pillow insert or stuffing

boho chic easy pillow tutorial

The first thing you’ll want to do is lay out your small rug. The side that you want to be the outside of the pillow needs to face up. Next, fold one end toward the middle of the rug.

boho chic easy pillow tutorial

Then fold the other end toward the middle over lapping the ends by 1.5″-2″. You can stick 1-2 pins in each side if you need to hold the rug in place while you sew.

boho chic easy pillow tutorial

You now want to sew the two open ends (not the fringed ends that overlap).

boho chic easy pillow tutorial

I just used a regular straight stitch on my machine and it worked perfectly.

boho chic easy pillow tutorial

One you’ve sewn both ends you want to turn your pillow right side out….

boho chic easy pillow tutorial

Put your pillow insert or stuffing on the inside of the pillow and Voila! Seriously, the easiest pillow cover ever! They can also be styled two different ways!

boho chic easy pillow tutorial

boho chic easy pillow tutorial

I hope you enjoyed my little pillow tutorial, hop over to my blog and check out more ideas!
Love The Tompkins

• Chris

We don't have a five below. Can you suggest something comparable ?

• S

Dollar tree sometimes has small

rag rugs as well as Dollar General and Family Dollar stores, but Ollies has the best selection.

• Faith

can u make it without a sewing machine cuz I don't have one

• Carkale

I would like to try making these pillows but no where in my area does the Dollar store sell these type rugs. All I found were a high priced area rug. Any alternatives to the Kilim rug?