I Have Wanted a Mantel for Ever! This is What I Bought Myself for Xmas

$226

I have always admired the beautiful mantels I see in DIY décor blogs, websites and such...and have always wanted one but not one that is too small or fake looking...so this year while at our Canadian Tire store I wondered over to the section where I remembered seeing a gorgeous one last year. All I could find was TV units with the electric inserts but then I noticed a floor model and long story short....marked $599 regular price it had been marked down to $300 and this bargain hunter managed to bring it home for $226 taxes included. Yes there are a very few scratches, the bottom is really scuffed up thus the material underneath, and the back piece that can be used to make it look like a corner unit was missing...oh and so was the remote....but for me it was perfect. I never realized these things came with remotes anyway and the controls are hidden under a panel right at the front...there are hinges still attached if we want to cut our own board for a corner unit. The bottom will be shaved and quarter round trim applied along the bottom this spring.
I didn't get a chance to decorate for Christmas but this is our look right now...a mirror I picked up a few years ago for $39 at Winners, a lamp that was part of a set plus matching floor lamp from yard sale for total of $7, a decoupaged sign bought on a trip three years ago, two brass deer handed down, and some orbs I created with small embroidery hoops...How does it look?
I can't wait to decorate for the holidays, though my style is simple and classic.
i have wanted a mantel for ever this is what i bought myself for xmas, fireplaces mantels, home decor, living room ideas

• Jeanette S

Great find! Good for you. Now you and Kitty can stay warm together!

• Dshipleyphotog

They love it too...we have the older rescue, Shawn, and a three month old Diva named Guicci...I think the guys here enjoy it too...lol