DIY Easter Basket

Hey guys! For those of you who are new to my blog, welcome and enjoy! My name is Vesna and I`m a full time blogger, blogging about everything home and lifestyle related.
I hope you're ready for the new ideas, because you don't want to miss this DIY Easter rope woven basket that is actually super easy to make! These Easter baskets would be such a fun project for the family and kids to do together! They can
diy easter basket

You will need:
- bowl or other container any sizes you need,
- jute rope,
- plastic wrap,
- scissors,
- school or any type of white glue,
- glue gun and glue sticks.
diy easter basket
First wrap your bowl in a plastic wrap and turn it up side down.
diy easter basket
Add a small dot of white glue in the middle of the bowl and start wrapping the jute in a circle motion.
diy easter basket
Be sure your rope is tight, so pull it gently whenever you create a new circle. Often press the finished part with your hand to flatten it down.
diy easter basket
Add another circle of glue and keep on going the same way until you reach the end (or top) of your bowl. Cut the excess rope and glue it. Let it dry over night (or 24 hours). Remove your bowl and plastic wrap carefully from your basket (I must warn you, that part is quite difficult). 
diy easter basket
For the handle, measure and cut 3 pieces of rope in a desired length and make a braid.
diy easter basket
Repeat for the another handle. 
diy easter basket
Attach handles to your basket with a hot glue gun and that`s it! You can also paint your basket to make it more colorful or leave as is, it will be equally beautiful either way. 
diy easter basket
Fill your basket with colored eggs and candy, add a bow, feathers or flowers and enjoy! This is also such a fun way to gift a basket!

• Rope
  • Glue
Vesna Gavrilovic - Home Chic Club