Quick and Easy Way to Update Craigslist Sofa

I bought this sofa on Craigslist a couple years ago for my den. I chose it because it was well made, and still in good condition , neutral fabric, and most important, fit the space better than my larger more current sofa I'd been using in that room. The man I got it from told me it had been in his parents formal living room and rarely used.
It was a bit dirty and dated, but when he threw in free delivery, I was sold!

It's a great fit for my den, but I wanted to update it a bit. Plus, it definitely needed a good cleaning after being stored in that guy's garage where I found it.
I bought this cleaner, and it did a great job.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008DBRFBK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I remembered snagging these great legs at my local ReStore for a bargain and thought this just might be the update needed.

I painted the legs in a diftwood kind of finish to go with other items in my den. I did this by using two different shades of gray as well as dark brown, then white washed it with a light gray to highlight the details. I wanted it to have a rustic sort of finish.

Removed the skirt stapled to the sofa, and cleaned it well. Now it's a few inches taller and a more of a traditional/transitional look I was going for. Didn't need a new sofa yet after all!

• Paint and top coat for legs

3 Cute Step-by-Step Ideas For Unique Planters
Beautify Your Home With These Flower Ideas
The Cutest Ways to Decorate Your Front Porch for Easter!
30 Different Ways to DIY an Adorable Snowman This Winter
3 Fantastic Step-By-Step Ideas What To Do With Pallets!
15 Amazing Craft Projects That You Can Do Under 15 Minutes
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
30 Stylish Update Ideas You'll Want To Use For Your Bedroom
31 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
25 Decor Ideas That Will Add Some Spring to Your Home
25 Christmas Wreath Ideas You Don't Want To Miss This Year
31 Tricks To Help You Fix The Wood In Your Home:

• Jeannie Carle

It looks as tho the bottoms of the legs would cut into the rug??? I'm reallly liking this. I put 6"x6" posts cut to fit with carpet on the bottom for mine. One on each end and one in the center. Mine takes a lot of abuse LOL

• Patricia Bamber

A friend of mine has just finished 2 wingback chairs that she got on KiJiJI, she cleaned them first with baking soda, vinegar & a few drops of Dawn. Then when they had dried she painted them with Chalk Paint, they look great, almost like a Fuax Suede.