Quick and Easy Way to Update Craigslist Sofa

I bought this sofa on Craigslist a couple years ago for my den. I chose it because it was well made, and still in good condition , neutral fabric, and most important, fit the space better than my larger more current sofa I'd been using in that room. The man I got it from told me it had been in his parents formal living room and rarely used.
It was a bit dirty and dated, but when he threw in free delivery, I was sold!

It's a great fit for my den, but I wanted to update it a bit. Plus, it definitely needed a good cleaning after being stored in that guy's garage where I found it.
I bought this cleaner, and it did a great job.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008DBRFBK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I remembered snagging these great legs at my local ReStore for a bargain and thought this just might be the update needed.

I painted the legs in a diftwood kind of finish to go with other items in my den. I did this by using two different shades of gray as well as dark brown, then white washed it with a light gray to highlight the details. I wanted it to have a rustic sort of finish.

Removed the skirt stapled to the sofa, and cleaned it well. Now it's a few inches taller and a more of a traditional/transitional look I was going for. Didn't need a new sofa yet after all!

• Paint and top coat for legs

• Jeannie Carle

It looks as tho the bottoms of the legs would cut into the rug??? I'm reallly liking this. I put 6"x6" posts cut to fit with carpet on the bottom for mine. One on each end and one in the center. Mine takes a lot of abuse LOL

• Patricia Bamber

A friend of mine has just finished 2 wingback chairs that she got on KiJiJI, she cleaned them first with baking soda, vinegar & a few drops of Dawn. Then when they had dried she painted them with Chalk Paint, they look great, almost like a Fuax Suede.