"Crafternoons": This Used to Be a Vanilla Bottle- Thoughts?

+11
Here is my "crafternoons" bottle challenge. I used a vanilla extract bottle for this bottle challenge. I cleaned it all really well before anything. The first step was to paint it using Rustoleum Chalked Blush Pink, once it was completely dry I decoupaged the portion of napkin on and let it dry completely also. Once it was dry I applied two coats of varnish letting each coat dry completely before applying the second. Once this was dry I took a very fine sandpaper 120 grit and gave a light sanding until it eas completely smooth, then I applied two final coats of varnish. I cut the ribbon and put the heart embellishment on tied around the middle, and voila! This can be used as a small vase or just for decoration!

e crafternoons
  • Des20415622 Des20415622 on Mar 18, 2017
    When I first saw it I thought it was a vase. And lo and behold a vanilla bottle? So clever and so beautiful. I appreciate all your artistic talents in the design of your vanilla bottle. Love the blush pink to start the project. Thank you for sharing.

• Sue Elrod Sue Elrod on Mar 20, 2017
      Shelley I am not familiar with the paint you used. ....Rustoleum Chaled Paint??? I have been wanting to paint an old stereo cabinet which is sorta unique and was thinking to use "chalk paint" which I have never used but seen some items it was used on and they look neat. I would just have to wipe the piece down with something to clean the polish residue I have used on it for years....So would the Rustoleum spray paint work for this project??? Any comments would be appreciated....I have procrastinated for way too long to do this item...

• Beth A Essington Beth A Essington on Mar 19, 2017
    Very pretty!

• Nancy Gramm Nancy Gramm on Mar 20, 2017
    Very nicely done! What kind of vanilla? I may want to buy some myself, the bottle is so nicely shaped.

• Shelley Collison Shelley Collison on Mar 20, 2017
    Thank you. Just regular Vanilla extract. It was an old bottle so I am not sure if they still sell them like that but check it outπŸ˜‰πŸ˜†

• Sue Elrod Sue Elrod on Mar 20, 2017
    I have one similar to this one in my china cabinet. It is like porcelain finish and it is in a pink shade...my grandmother [name sake] gave it to me when I was a young girl. She said it same from CA to MS in a basket of fruit/nuts that her niece sent her many years ago and it had honey inside it with a cork stopper.

• Shelley Collison Shelley Collison on Mar 21, 2017
    Sounds like it is really special, especially since your grandmother passed it onto you!

• Carol Carol on Mar 23, 2017
    Looks like some maple syrup jars would work, too - especially as you so beautifully disguised it.

• Just beautiful! Fantastic makeover!

• Shelley Collison Shelley Collison on Mar 23, 2017
    Thank you!

• Katherine Katherine on Mar 27, 2017
    That is one sweet looking bottle love it

• Shelley Collison Shelley Collison on Mar 27, 2017
    Thank you very much Katherine!