BeveyKay
BeveyKay
  • Amarillo, TX

Masculine Pet Bed, End Table, Makeover

I spent $7 at a thrift store and turned this hexagon end table upside down to create a shadow box to display tools to honor the working man. I had some spare feet from an ottoman and attached them to the bottom, formerly know as the top. The pet room has lots of flannel and denim for the manliest of creatures.

masculine pet bed end table makeover

Took a pair of hubby's work jeans, pieced it together and glued it in the bottom of the shadow box.  

masculine pet bed end table makeover

Ugly. 

masculine pet bed end table makeover

Took the door off.  Cleaned.  Sanded & primed.

masculine pet bed end table makeover

Used some egg crate foam for the bed cushion.  Covered it with a flannel shirt.

masculine pet bed end table makeover

Found some tools in the shed and glued them to the denim.  Cut and attach trim pieces to support quarter inch glass on top.  Added more trim pieces to the top of the glass.  Paint.

masculine pet bed end table makeover

Made more denim and flannel pillows for pet's comfort.

masculine pet bed end table makeover

Ready for use.

• Sheryll S

Where's the fur baby?

• B.I.Green

Where's the fur baby is my question, too. Knew it wasn't a Jack Russell or you wouldn't have had the buttons.... which could be chewed off in minutes flat. But what a fabulous idea!

• KWS

How did you get the glass cut to fit? If you went to a store can you say about what it cost?

• BeveyKay

I took the end table to a glass store, and they cut it. It cost me $50. Quarter inch glass.

• Linda Freimuth

Stitchery "buttons" work best for fur babies. Just stitch inside circles drawn where you want a button to be or applique for the look. As long as it's not to thick it won't end up as a toy or edible.

• Carolinagirl

How cute is this! Lovin' it! Hey, you can carefully cut the collar off then wrap it around the "fur baby's" neck and button it...looks so cute.