Making Use of Old Kitchen Drawers

Doing a total remodel of the kitchen left us with a lot of old drawers. With some paint, some cheap tile and stuff around the house, the drawers became great outdoor shelves and added to the fun of the back yard
These were the old drawers from the kitchen we remodeled. Certainly they could be made into something
Take off the handle and sand the best you can to get the varnish roughed up
I added a piece of 1x4 for an additional shelf and painted it exterior green
This was a deeper drawer, again I added a 1x4 for an additional shelf and painted it with an exterior yellow.
I glued some tile that I got for under $4.00 and added some garden fairy figures along with some polished stones. I mounted it on my backyard fence.
You can put all kinds of things in these drawer shelves, a plant some stuff you have around the house. They are fun to make and they look great outside hanging on a cedar fence

30 Unbelievable Backyard Update Ideas
31 Ways To Get Privacy Inside And Outside Your Home
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
30 Jaw-Dropping Decorating Techniques You've Never Seen Before
25 Ways You Can Be an Artist - With No Experience Necessary!
The Wonderful Things You Can Make With...Paper!
Use Ribbon To Decorate For Christmas With These Last Minute Ideas!
These 21 Bloggers Came Up With The Most Amazing Organization Ideas
25 Beautiful Things You Can Make With Rope & Twine
These West Elm Knockoffs Are Pretty Unbelievable
15 Kitchen DIY Ideas That Will Come In Handy
These Clever Decor Ideas Are So Perfect For Summer
15 Bathroom Upgrades That You Can Totally DIY

• Shirley Ring Poling

How did you mount the drawers to your fence? I have collected a few decorative items thst I plan to place on my wood privacy fence and I could use some instr6on how best to do that. Thank you! 😊

• Townsend Walton

I used eye hooks on the top of the drawers and then used 2 1/2 inch screws into the fence and into the eyehooks

• Patty

What did you use to seal the wood?

• Robyn Garner

To use wood items in the garden paint with exterior paint and then seal with marine varnish for both waterproofing and UV protection. If it will rain into the drawers, I'd drill small holes in the bottom of the shelves and gently hang it so the drain holes are the lowest point.

• Carrie Mae OHara

BRILLIANT! This is one of the more clever uses I've seen to repurpose drawers. Are they attached to the fence posts? I suspect the pickets wouldn't be strong enough, but I want to use this idea this spring.
    It'd be delightful behind the veggie patch, maybe with herbs in pots on the shelves.

• Karen Hyde

Love those flamingo trays!

• PJ

Adorable!!! This is one of my favorites so far, when repurposing drawers!

& I have ALWAYS ALWAYS just loved gnomes! Got to make me another gnomes home!!

Great job!

Thanks for sharing!

Marni

• Townsend Walton

It was fun to do. We loved finding little things and placing them in the drawers. May you have a wonderful new Gnome Home