Fan Blade Sunflower Pinwheel

I made this Sunflower pinwheel out of the plastic blade from a broken box fan, a bicycle pedal, a steel rod and scrap of plywood. The fan/flower is just pressed on to the bolt/axle of the bicycle pedal which is connected to the rod. The flower spins when the wind is the right direction. I should have taken the time to make the flower pivot on the rod also but didn't. Maybe sometime I will. The leaves are one piece cut out of thin plywood and attached to the rod with zip-ties.
fan blade sunflower pinwheel, crafts, flowers, gardening
Van Randall

• Tba8347596

What did you use for the middle of the flower?

• Sharon Stoddard

no step by step instructions for us newbie crafters?

• Van Randall

Sorry no step by step but it was really simple and not much more to it than what's in the description. The steel rod I just pushed up between the blocks of the pedal which just happen to be a snug fit. As I stated it doesn't always catch the wind since the flower doesn't pivot on the rod. I should really take the time to think it through and re-do it .

• Patsy

how did you get the blades off the motor?

• Van Randall

Been so long I can't recall for sure. The blades are all one piece plastic and I believe were just pressed on to the shaft of the motor and I just pulled it off.