Black Pipes as Closet Rods

+2
Just to let you know
my contractors use pipes to use as rods in my closets!
I never have to worry about my clothes falling to the floor and the way the rod pockets are made it just adds support to my shelves above.

I paint the pipes with white enamal paint and looks great as well!
t black pipes as closet rods, Finished closet
Finished closet
t black pipes as closet rods, Working on right now
Working on right now
t black pipes as closet rods
another working on right now
  • Shoshana Shoshana on Mar 21, 2017
    Looks great! Interesting idea- thanks for sharing!
  • JoLeen Bolton JoLeen Bolton on Mar 22, 2017
    We had these when we were young and remember that we had to tug a bit for the hangers to slide, so I was wondering if the plastic covers they sell for shower curtain rods would also fit these pipes. The hangers would slide more easily.
    • Laura Laura on Mar 25, 2017
      Yes, I have covered my iron pipe rods with the shower curtain covers. Looks good and works well, too!
  • Bev Morgan Bev Morgan on Mar 23, 2017
    I use galvanized pipes for my rods, they are so much stronger that what they sell as closet rods. Been using them for years
  • Angel Angel on Mar 24, 2017
    They did this years ago, much cheaper and much sturdier, until they came up with the metal stuff they use today - more expensive and not as sturdy. Yes, put a shower rod cover on it, works like a charm. I also put a shower rod cover on my metal bars, stops them from being scratched and they slide easier. Only thing is you have to cut them to fit the spaces.