Bedroom Makeover - Plain Jane to Glam!

Like most older split-level homes, our master bedroom is very small. It makes me crack up to even call it a master bedroom, given its size. Although our bedroom before our recent overhaul wasn't terrible looking, it was definitely "Plain Jane." It’s like we tried updating the room but never quite made it to the finish line.

The worst was this view from across our bed. The dressers did not match plus we had so much "blank" space above.

Our need for a proper closet made this bedroom makeover a "must." I was tired of covering up the non-functional old closet with curtains. Notice how haphazardly hung they were...I never intended the curtains to be a permanent solution to this eyesore of an area.

Here's another view of our "Plain Jane" master bedroom.

Now comes the dramatic "After" photos. View of bed. That's the same bed we had before but I upholstered the headboard!

View of closet area.

These jewelry hangers are both decorative and functional.

Below photo is the view from our bed. I repainted one of the dressers and removed the larger dresser out of room. My new custom closet holds all of my folding clothes.

MORE photos from this makeover can be found HERE. I just love how this room went from "Plain Jane" to "Glam."

Love makeovers and home projects? Please visit LINK HERE to subscribe to newsletter. See below link for all details of this bedroom transformation.

31 Ways To Get Privacy Inside And Outside Your Home
31 Creative Ways To Fill Empty Wall Space
Transform Tuna Cans Into Gorgeous Lighting In 10 Simple Steps
The 25 Most-Viewed Mason Jar Projects on Hometalk
15 Clever Ways To Repurpose Old Light Bulbs
20 Easy Projects To Help You Get Ready For Easter
15 Simple Projects Under 30 Min To Get You Ready For The Spring Season
23 Adorable Ways You Can Make Your Own Coasters
Beautify Your Home With These Flower Ideas
15 DIY Projects That Will Make You Say "WOW!"
These West Elm Knockoffs Are Pretty Unbelievable
These Stunning Seating Ideas Will Blow You Away
Tee @ Beauteefulliving

• Nancy

Where did the art above the bed come from?

• Ida9464

Really lovely! You made hanging jewelry artsy. The linen look headboard is simple and classy. The bed and rug/stool melds well but nothing overkill. Each individual thing you did seems simple but all together it’s a place I’d love to stay overnight(May I?😂). Btw, where did the closet come from? Did you purchase it and put it together or what? I love this room. Very well done and not just plain white on white on white...

• Joanne Bilodeau

Beautiful job !! How wide is your closet and where did the closet doors and shelving come from ?

• Stacy Ann

What an impressive makeover! Bravo~I smile because my daughter would love this! Thank you for such creative inspiration!

• Lana

One of the BEST DIY bedroom makeovers I've seen, congrats!! Beautifully & tastefully done in every detail, as any designer would be proud of! Very fresh & modern, I love it! You have a really "good eye" for exactly what ADDS TO room design/decor/function - & when to stop. I'm very impressed!