Asked on Mar 20, 2017

What to do with a charcoal smoker?

JimsmithsDavid HussaySusan Bechamp
+14

My husband has moved on to an electric smoker and now we're left with his beginners charcoal smoker (a much older version than the one shown). I've thought about using it as a planter, but what are some other ideas?
  • Cheryl Price Sodders
    Cheryl Price Sodders

How about a birdbath sitting in the
    top,along with holes drilled at intervals and filled with appropriate flowers. The lid could also be the birdbath
    Janet Pizaro

Make it a focal point in the garden with a bright color and use it for a pretty potted container planting,a large gazing ballot create a bird sanctury.
  • Gina
    Gina

Can you change it into a charcoal pizza oven, or a charcoal chicken oven - nothing beats that charcoal flavour. Pizza oven would be my favourite. Look on Pinterest under the search button also for ideas
  • Gina
    Gina

Can you change it into a charcoal pizza oven, or a charcoal chicken oven - nothing beats that charcoal flavour. Pizza oven would be my favourite. Look on Pinterest under the search button also for ideas 😉
  • Joanie
    Joanie

Just me! I like reusing everything to, but in this case, this smoker looks like new. We passed ours on to another beginner smoker.......Not sell it, give it to someone else who wants to learn. I know the price and it would be a great gift and as they say "Pay it forward". You'll feel so good about yourself!!
  • Joanie
    Joanie

Oh well!!! I would use it as a planter or just a cupboard of some sort...inside or out??????
  • Holly Kinchlea-Brown
    Holly Kinchlea-Brown

i would us it as the base for a funky wishing well/rain barrel...wrap it in faux stone, build roof overtop with the downspout coming through like a chimney...
  • Mitchmom
    Mitchmom

I use my old grill to keep my grilling supplies (charcoal, matches/lighter, lighter fluid, Paper plates). I Should paint it. ooh now theres a fun idea!!
  • Sof12444947
    Sof12444947

I would take...my budget not allow me to buy...I always wanted to try smoking kolbasas!
  • Jules
    Jules

Why not use it for a little chiminea for those nippy nights
  • use it as an above ground fire pit.
  • Susan Bechamp
    Susan Bechamp

If you already have a fire pit, use the smoker to keep your kindling dry. Decorate it to your style. (Paint, stucco, tile, stone, etc....)
    You could cut it to a lower height and have two smaller metal tubs. 1). use as a set of planters , 2). use as the base for a water feature (you'll need the liner and recirculating pump). 3). Store your garden hose coiled up inside.
  • David Hussay
    David Hussay

Although gas grills have become incredibly popular in the last few decades, there’s still a lot that can be said for a charcoal offset smokers grill. With charcoal you will get the authentic smoky flavor, and you could even add some wood chips to turn a quality hooded grill into one of the best charcoal smokers.

• Jimsmiths
    Jimsmiths

To use a charcoal smoker, start by heating charcoal in a chimney for 15 minutes. Once the charcoal is hot, add it to a pile of unheated coals in the smoker. Keep the coals contained to one side by surrounding it with wood chips like oak or apple, which will cook the meat with indirect heat and smoke. And also decorate them with the best soil for indoor plants in pots