How to Make DIY Homemade Dryer Sheets

Hi, Hometalk Friends! Have any of you tried making your own homemade dryer sheets?

We had some sensitive skin issues in our family when my kids were little so I shied away from using storebought dryer sheets. Then one day I found this bolt of birdseye pique fabric in a local thrift store. Yes, the WHOLE bolt was $4.99! Of course I bought it, not knowing what I was going to use it for… that’s my MO. It
how to make diy homemade dryer sheets

FYI, I order Young Living essential oils for DIY projects I put straight on my skin or if I’m going to ingest them.  But I feel very comfortable using {{{aff.link}}} essential oils from Amazon in this project.

how to make diy homemade dryer sheets

Cut the birdseye pique fabric into squares.  

Fill the jar about 3/4ths full with a 50/50 mixture of water and vinegar.  Then add about 20 drops of lavender plus a few citrus and 10-20 tea tree. 

Wad up the fabric squares and put them into the jar one at a time.

how to make diy homemade dryer sheets

That’s all there is to homemade dryer sheets!  And the best part is you can control the amount of scent or don’t add any at all if you’re extra sensitive. Pull one out and throw it into the dryer with your clothes or linens. These are reusable for many years.  Just keep adding them back in the jar.

how to make diy homemade dryer sheets

Thanks for reading about my project. Please come by my website to see all the other DIY projects we have going on.
Ann @ Duct Tape and Denim

• Rid21511486

Hi there thanks for the reply. I work with essential oils daily and here in Canada they leave oil marks on clothes.

• Mary Coakley

Thanks for the tip will use it