Mini Mason Jar Salt & Pepper Shakers

Do you love Mason jars? These little salt & pepper shakers are perfect for any Mason jar lover and a great addition to your kitchen! They are super easy to make too!
I wanted to make new salt and pepper shakers. These mini jars are perfect! They’re only 4 oz. so they’re nice and little and just ideal for salt and pepper shakers. What I love about them is that they just look like shrunken versions of the bigger ones!
Using your favorite brand of chalk paint, you want to put 2-3 coats on allowing them to dry completely in between.

While your paint is drying you can work on your lids.
These little jars have nice one piece lids so punching holes in them is super easy. You can just do holes in a pattern or you can do an S & P like I did. I thought about painting one of my jars black and the other white which would be another cute idea!

Whatever you want to do you’ll want to mark your lids where you want holes before you start punching them .
My super hubby was kind enough to lend me a small metal punch for mine, but if you don’t have one a small nail would do the trick perfectly. You just want to hit it very gently with a hammer until you get a small hole. Keep going spacing them evenly.
Once your paint is completely dry you can gently sand your jar to give it a distressed look.
Now add on a coat of wax and let it dry completely.
Once you’ve got your lids finished and the wax is dry on your jars you’re ready to go! Just fill them up and get to seasoning!

You can find more pictures and details on my full blog post - http://werefarfromnormal.com/2017/03/diy-mason-jar-salt-pepper-shakers.html

FolkArt Home Decor Chalk Furniture & Craft Paint in Assorted Colors (8...

Far From Normal

• Angus021461

What kind of wax did you use?
    • Erica Smith

@Angus021461 I personally use Minwax in Walnut and I apply it lightly and wipe it right back off...it's to make it look more rustic and it helps protect the chalk paint/paint.
      @Janice Winkleman it's not candle wax. It's regular stain like you use on wood.
      Hope the answer helps!! Have a wonderful day!
  • 62q10370829

How did you get read of ruff edge inside of lid when you punched in the lid with nail or awl, couldn't you use drill with small small bite?
    • Vickey Ollis

Take a flat tip screwdriver and gently press down any sharp edges.

• Charlotte Loper

Where do you get the mini mason jars ?

• Bmh31276303

it looks like a rusty nail was used. Don't think that's ok when used with food
  • Kay

I agree with Pamelamann. If you make something, it can be cheaper than bought, depending on the item being made. Some times, you allready have some supplies on hand, making it even cheeper, plus there is the satisfaction that you made it youself, and yes, some people defenatly, appreciate things home made. Kay Adelaide Australia