My Secret Jewelry Door

I love DIY secret hideaways. So, I took down my bathroom door. My husband cooperates cause he knows the finished project looks great. But, I get a lot of crazy looks. Lol

Small bathroom access door.

This part was tricky since the cardboard combs inside had to be sprayed with water to prevent fire. I used a cutting blad on my grinder. I cut straighter this way.

A box was made with 1x2 frame and cork attached to luan board. It was inserted into the hole, trimmed for hinge attachment.

A shallow box frame with cork on a luan backboard was inserted. Trim holds the box in place and allowed hinge placement of the dressing mirror. The cork was doubled so pushpins would fit in better.

Hang a mirror and magnetic clasp.
Here is where I hide my pretties!

31 Ways To Get Privacy Inside And Outside Your Home
15 Cute Ways To Decorate Tin Cans Into Planters
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
Check Out These Wonderful Gift Ideas You Can Do All By Yourself
15 Kitchen DIY Ideas That Will Come In Handy
15 Fun Things You Can Make Using Your Cricut

• Molly Mehollin Fulton
    Molly Mehollin Fulton

Love this idea! Would you have any suggestions for doing this on a 6 panel door?

• Charlize
    Charlize

would it make noise because i don't want anyone to be unsure about the the noise and where it's coming from.

• Jill
      Jill

You could also do it on your closet door...

• Lyn
    Lyn

I don't need it for jewelry, but is it possible to do this with a bathroom door to hide all my hair items?

• Doris
    Doris

love love love great idea.

• Karen
    Karen

also the space between studs....I want to make a mirror door and hang my spaghetti strap shirts or scarfs in there on hooks, belts jewelry etc