My Secret Jewelry Door

I love DIY secret hideaways. So, I took down my bathroom door. My husband cooperates cause he knows the finished project looks great. But, I get a lot of crazy looks. Lol

Small bathroom access door.

This part was tricky since the cardboard combs inside had to be sprayed with water to prevent fire. I used a cutting blad on my grinder. I cut straighter this way.

A box was made with 1x2 frame and cork attached to luan board. It was inserted into the hole, trimmed for hinge attachment.

A shallow box frame with cork on a luan backboard was inserted. Trim holds the box in place and allowed hinge placement of the dressing mirror. The cork was doubled so pushpins would fit in better.

Hang a mirror and magnetic clasp.
Here is where I hide my pretties!

• Molly Mehollin Fulton

Love this idea! Would you have any suggestions for doing this on a 6 panel door?

• Charlize

would it make noise because i don't want anyone to be unsure about the the noise and where it's coming from.

• Jill

You could also do it on your closet door...

• Lyn

I don't need it for jewelry, but is it possible to do this with a bathroom door to hide all my hair items?

• Doris

love love love great idea.

• Karen

also the space between studs....I want to make a mirror door and hang my spaghetti strap shirts or scarfs in there on hooks, belts jewelry etc