Coraline Jones
Coraline Jones
  • Springfield, MO

My Secret Jewelry Door

I love DIY secret hideaways. So, I took down my bathroom door. My husband cooperates cause he knows the finished project looks great. But, I get a lot of crazy looks. Lol
my secrer jewelry door

Small bathroom access door.

my secrer jewelry door

This part was tricky since the cardboard combs inside had to be sprayed with water to prevent fire. I used a cutting blad on my grinder. I cut straighter this way.

A box was made with 1x2 frame and cork attached to luan board. It was inserted into the hole, trimmed for hinge attachment.

my secrer jewelry door

A shallow box frame with cork on a luan backboard was inserted. Trim holds the box in place and allowed hinge placement of the dressing mirror. The cork was doubled so pushpins would fit in better.

my secrer jewelry door

Hang a mirror and magnetic clasp.
Here is where I hide my pretties!

• Chilly661

Just to be clear, are you removing the honeycomb cardboard also?

• Molly Mehollin Fulton

Love this idea! Would you have any suggestions for doing this on a 6 panel door?

• Charlize

would it make noise because i don't want anyone to be unsure about the the noise and where it's coming from.

• Neva Dew

I think it is the door to the master bath and since only 2 people would be in the room they would soon learn to know what any noise is if one of them is at the "jewelry box".