Mary Ann Goldberg
Mary Ann Goldberg
  • Tutorial Team
  • Lake Saint Louis, MO

Lattice Kitchen Country Decor

This was a theme used in my prior home and we copied it in our new home. I love the country!

I had chosen resin lattice initially and it worked superbly, but it was a little dirty from being in storage. Out came the scrub brush and hose and it cleaned up easily. The greenery got the same treatment.

lattice kitchen country decor

I don’t to ladders, but Jeff does, sweet guy.  He wove the greens in and out, doing a better, more intricate job than I had done in the other home. 

lattice kitchen country decor

As you can see, the lattice sits atop the cupboards over the sink. It does not require any screws or tacks, so when we do our spring cleaning, it can all be lifted down and washed off.  Very easy to take care of, but really brings in a lot of the outside for our country-themed kitchen, don’t you think?

lattice kitchen country decor

lattice kitchen country decor

lattice kitchen country decor

We spent $15 on additional greens, otherwise we had all the materials already.

• Sue Grzywa

It seems to me that cleaning this would be a big problem. What are your idea"s?

• Glorietta West

What color is your kitchen? I have something similar where kitchen and living are same wall so both rooms have to be the same color thanks. Cute idea

• Mary Ann Goldberg

Thank you, Glorietta! The whole house is sponged yellow and white, so the colors you're seeing are everywhere. We'll be painting eventually - started on the laundry room this year. I'll be showing a post about that soon - almost done.

• Betty Champagne

Like this idea, but wonder how tall the lattice is? I guess I could go to Lowe's to find out. The reason I wonder is because the height from the top of my cabinets to the ceiling is smaller than in most houses. I only have 7 foot ceilings vs. the traditional 8 so this might not work if he height of the lattice is taller than top of my cabinets to the ceiling. P.S. My kitchen walls are about the same color as this and I love it.

• Kathy Lacy

I made one simulator to this for a friend's wedding bridal table backdrop with grapes and westeria plants. Turned out so nice they hung as a wall decoration in their kitchen. He took her to a vineyard where he ask her to marry him. This one was on 4 x 8 but you can personalize it for you.