JulieMeasures
JulieMeasures
  • Arlington, TX

Eggshell Terrariums

Eggshell Terrariums and more eggshell crafts that are perfect for Easter and spring decorating

eggshell terrariums

Crack, empty, and clean your eggshells.

eggshell terrariums

For the candles, I used crayons! Peel the wrappers, break into pieces, and melt.

eggshell terrariums

Pour the melted wax into the eggshell with a wick.

eggshell terrariums

Eggshell planters! Fill eggshells with soil. Then plant seeds and wait for them to sprout. To transfer the planters to their final pot, crack the eggshell and plant them in the ground.

eggshell terrariums

You can also use your eggshell planters to hold flower clippings or succulents that you are regrowing.

eggshell terrariums

For your eggshell terrariums poke a small hole in the top of the egg to thread through some string or twine.

eggshell terrariums

Add shredded paper or other nest material.

eggshell terrariums

Add baby chicks or eggs to your nest.

eggshell terrariums

Hang your Easter eggshell terrariums on a tree.

eggshell terrariums

Terrariums, planters, and candles all made from eggshells!

eggshell terrariums

Eggshell crafts are perfect for Easter, spring, or year round!

JulieMeasures

• Karen Ryden James

I'll be trying these with my grandsons! Thanks for the ideas!

• Neva Dew

Very nice ideas, however using the term "terrariums" threw me. I looked it up in the dictionary (the old fashioned book with paper pages), and it is a vivarium without standing water! - skip to the "V's"---Vivarium means a place / enclosure to keep plants and animals indoors; so I guess as the fake chicks are animals and there is no standing water, the word was used correctly? To me terrariums are enclosed vessels that contain the moisture for real plants and animals to survive - like we did in elementary school.