Jemma
Jemma
  • Rockwall, TX

Distressed & Modge Podge Spring Jars

Welcome to our Spring Challenge! Today I will share how I took 2 recycled spaghetti sauce jars and dressed them up for Spring.This project was a trial and error journey, but I believe that I have it figured out now, so I am quite thrilled to be sharing it with you! First I painted the jars and then sanded them. I discovered that I needed to be a little more aggressive with sanding to give them the
distressed modge podge spring jars
After the jars were painted and distressed they are all ready now for Modge Podge using fabric.I chose to go with a Spring theme by using blue chalk paint, floral vintage fabric and multi-color ric-rac trim for my Easter table in our Breakfast nook.This project is broken down into 2 Steps.1. Chalk paint/distress jars.2. Modge Podge with fabric jars.
distressed modge podge spring jars
The Paint Project*Cover your work area with paper.*Pour small amount of chalk paint onto paper plate.*Using a paint brush apply one to coats of chalk paint to jar, allowing to dry in-  between applications.*Dry thoroughly before sanding.
distressed modge podge spring jars
distressed modge podge spring jars
The Modge Podge Project Cut measured Fabric and ric-rac with pinking shears .Brush modge-podge onto jar, place fabric and ric- rack on jar, apply more modge -podgeRepeat this process until both textiles are securely in place.Let Dry

• Chalk Paint  (Walmart)
  • Paint Brush  (Walmart)
  • Fabric  (JoAnn's)
Jemma

• Barry Dingle

What the heck is a spaghetti jar? When I buy spaghetti it's in a cardboard box with a cellophane window in the box, I've never seen or heard of it in a jar.

• Elaine Winkler

MY HUSBAND PUTS SPAGHETTI ON HIS PLATE , PROMPTLY CHOPS IT ALL UP. MIGHT AS WELL GIVE HIM SPAG SHAPED LIKE ELBO MAC. his friEnd does it, too .Any help?

• Jemma

Love this and also how children talk when they are tiny tots!