Light Up Address Numbers - 3 Options

$6

Creating an option that is right for you to light up your address numbers is inexpensive and easy. Here are 3 different ways to do so...

For the first option you'll need:

Mason jars and the lids - one per address number
Solar lights (Dollar Tree) - one per jar
Sharpie or paint marker
Using a stencil or free hand, draw you numbers onto each mason jar. If you'd rather use vinyl sticker numbers that would work as well.

Pull the solar light stem off the light.
Place the light into the mason jar ring lid.
That's it for the first one. Make sure to place this somewhere where your solar lights will get plenty of light.
For the second option you'll need:

Glass Block (Craft stores - can get on sale for $5)
Plug in light (Dollar Tree or Craft Stores)
Vinyl number stickers (Craft Stores)
Place your numbers on your glass block.
Put your light in the bottom of the glass block. You could use a 20 strand of lights as well.
Plug in and that's it. This is a great option for those who have covered porches and don't get enough light to charge solar lights.
Option 3 - you'll need:

Recycled bottles - one per number of your address (mine are coffee syrup bottles)

Solar Lights (Dollar Tree) - one per bottle

Reflective Numbers (Walmart)

Place the reflective number stickers on the bottles.

Pull the base off the solar lights.
Place the solar light on top. I would recommend using silicone or a glue of your choice to adhere the lights into place.

Optional - add some dollar store rocks for weight or some water to enhance the brightness.
You can see me make this and more on Hometalk's Facebook Live Monday, March 27th at 1pm EST.
I would love to have you stop by my blog    Chas' Crazy Creations  for the full tutorial as well as sign up for my latest creations, posts, recipes, exclusives, and more...

I would love for you to subscribe to my YouTube channel to see more of my crazy creations - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIOsMN7hycVRco-MROXwmXg

• Jars
  • Marker
  • Solar lights

Chas' Crazy Creations

• Carol

Have have some glass blocks but they do not have holes in them, did you make holes or get them that way, also if you made the holes how did you do it?

• Artemis

When you’re drilling into glass (always with a diamond bit) it’s best to start at a slight angle until you’ve scored the glass; then tip your drill straight up to finish making the hole. Also, depending on the size of the hole you need, you may want to start with a smaller bit and work your way up. If you try to drill straight in, without the scoring, the bit tries to travel around the glass and can be difficult to start (unless, of course, you have a drill press). As others have mentioned, go SLOW and use as much water as possible. I have a spray bottle for some jobs, but if I can, I’ll fill a bucket with water (deeper than my glass object), then fill the bottle or jar with water and put it upside down in the bucket (keep as much water in the bottle/jar as you can. The closer the water is to the surface of where you’re cutting the better. Diamond bits are not cheap, so treat them well. Hope this helps.
  • Linda Lavallee

I love all the projects, but one question. When you put solar lights in mason jars what do you put around them to keep them from falling over in jar? Love your site.

• Kathy Gallow

I have some hanging and did silicone them to start, they popped from the heat buildup inside the jar. I just set them on top, occasionally they get some water in the jars, I just empty. Seems to work better not to seal, anyway for me.

• Christine

Couldn't you use clear bottles with the house numbers on them and then fill with water. Put your light source underneath the bottle and it turns in into a flashlight of sorts. I'm trying this when I get home

• Ida9464

I don’t understand how to have the light source underneath. Please explain . Love these super cute ideas!’