Rustic Industrial Style End Tables in Elegance

Crystal from Team Sutton Designs used Elegance and a hint of Belt Buckle metallic cream to give these side tables a new industrial flair!
Ever come across any mass-produced furniture that was too cheap to pass up, but so boring it kinda stumped you in a design vision? I find that the most simple and common pieces of furniture are usually the hardest ones to design for me. I don’t know what it is…but the only way for me to break that creative block is to use lots of color and force those “builder-grade” pieces to become unique.

Before these tables got a fresh makeover, they needed some cleaning up. They sat in the back of our furniture pile for nearly a year before I figured out exactly what I wanted to with them. They were dirty, scratched, and the previous finish was sort of an orange country stain. Same kinda pieces you’ve seen before in furniture ads in the Sunday paper.
I used my sprayer to apply two coats of Country Chic Paint’s “Elegance.” I have used this color a few other times before and it is definitely a bright and pretty color! It reminds me of spring coming around just as winter thaws out and what better way to celebrate warm weather than by painting with this gorgeous blue?
The tops were stripped, sanded and stained with 4 coats of Old Barn Stain in Saddle Brown. I wanted something to contrast with the blue, but also enhance that rustic look I was going for. I loved that the wood grain came through beautifully. Hard to tell there was scratches all across the top just a few days ago.
I salvaged these pulls from another piece of furniture. They were black with chipping paint, so I used Country Chic Paint’s Metallic Cream in Belt Buckle to give these card catalog holders a smoky bronze color. The cream was thick and had wonderful coverage and made giving the hardware a new look so easy!
Lining the drawers is one of my favorite parts of the process. I had some leftover paper from a previous project that went perfect with this color.
I will definitely be using this color again on future projects! I love the way these tables turned out. They will definitely freshen up a room with their pretty look!

• Metallic Cream  (Country Chic Paint)
  • Furniture & Home Decor Paint  (Country Chic Paint)
  • Old Barn Stain

To see more: http://blog.countrychicpaint.com

• Valerie Burge

So pretty!

• Joanie

I'd love to have these beautiful, strong sturdy tables. They sure would match in my bedroom.........Enjoy them!!