Asked on Mar 23, 2017

How do I get grease stains out of my clothes?

Stephanie HeckerDolly Buchter VozellaCandace
+13

• Audrey Gratton
    Audrey Gratton

The best thing to use is Watkins brand decreased.
    Janet Pizaro

What type of grease stains?
  • Shoshana
    Shoshana

You can try a white vinegar and baking soda mixture. Oxiclean is also a miracle worker.
  • Debbie
    Debbie

go to the $tree and in the cleaning stuff ... there is this stuff called awesome.... oh my this stuff gets out anything .. just spray it on and scrub it in and the was

• Phw
    Phw

When my husband farmed, I found the very best degreaser possible to clean his greasy farm clothes, and I use it for all our clothes now. Just rub some on a stain and let it sit before washing and it always takes out the stain. If it is a very bad stain, rub it in well and give it extra time before washing. This miracle degreaser/cleaner is Dawn dish washing liquid. They use it to clean all the little sea animals after oil spills etc. It is not expensive and works great . Hope this helps you
    • Nancy Wilson
      Nancy Wilson

I often get grease stains when I cook. I have used the Dawn and unfortunately it hasn't worked. Especially bacon grease! And just the other day I spilled an entire can of bacon grease on the carpet......and nothing seems to get it out. Any help? Please?

• Sighle Kujawa
    Sighle Kujawa

I find Dawn dishwasher detergent works very well on many different stains, but it should be the original blue colored Dawn, not the newer formulas with various colors in them.
  • Phw
    Phw

Nancy, I am a slob while cooking or eating  and always have grease stains on most of my tops so they always have to be spotted with Dawn and I have always had good luck with it.
    Oh boy, spilling that grease on the carpet is terrible. Wish I could help there but I have no idea. You may have to call in a professional but they are usually expensive to clean the whole carpet. Good luck and let us know if you come up with the answer.
  • Phw
    Phw

Oh yes, I just thought about one thing. There are many types of Dawn that I have seen lately and the Simply Clean Dawn ( or something like that ) seems to be a watered down version and I find it does not work well. The original is the best for everything.
  • Christine Krause
    Christine Krause

I used to use Lestoil. Worked great and the strong odor disappeared after clothes were dried.
  • Barbara Allgeyer Smith
    Barbara Allgeyer Smith

I also use Dawn but only Dawn Ultra which is clear no dye or perfume.
    drizzle it on rub in a little. one shot of Shout for good measure and into washer
    if it is clothing.
  • Karen Granberg
    Karen Granberg

For very bad stains, especially on jeans. is hot water in washer and dishwasher soap. The powdered stuff. works best on tennis shoes too, get them good and while. Good luck.
  • Candace
    Candace

My husband is an auto mechanic and he has brought me some really greasy clothes my personal miracle helper for that for many years has been WD40 seriously just spray it on give it a couple minutes then wash but you must spray it outside the smell is somewhat offensive .
  • Dolly Buchter Vozella
    Dolly Buchter Vozella

Fels Naptha bar soap for grease stains and ring around the collar. Dampen stain,then rub with the soap till gone than launder. Cheap and the bar lasts forever,I cut the bar in half when new. I'm 75years old and my mother used this.
  • Stephanie Hecker
    Stephanie Hecker

You can also use Dawn dish liquid. Another good idea is a product called Greased Lightning. Both works for me.