DIY Drawer Organizer for the Kitchen

I’ve been wanting to make some kind of DIY drawer organizer for this drawer for quite awhile. I keep seeing all of these clever ideas for drawer organizers, usually really expensive, custom drawer organizers of course, and I always think to myself “We could totally make that!” When the GE Sealants team asked us if we wanted to tackle another easy DIY project using their Iron Grip* Adhesive, I finally had my excuse to tackle this project!

Our plan was to decide which styles and which sizes of plastic food container we use most, stock up on those, and then design the organizers perfectly for them. I think that part of the challenge with keeping these types of drawers tidy is that we all just buy so many different shapes and sizes of containers from all over the place and then it’s hard to find a space for every single different type.

Then it was time to start building! We used basic MDF because of its straightness and because it’s just so easy to work with when you’re trying to fit together a whole jigsaw puzzle of pieces like in this project.[Hey! Have you seen what our kitchen looks like now, compared to what it used to look like?! Check out the before and after photos, here!]

We used this great GE Iron Grip* Adhesive to hold everything together. This is so nice for little projects like this because it’s such a strong adhesive and can bond all kinds of materials, porous or non-porous, without issue.

So here’s the finished drawer, all beautifully organized and ready to make my everyday life easier! I especially love the little sliding insert that holds all the lids for the smallest containers! The tray even slides up! Don't forget to check out the details on the blog by clicking the link below, so you can make your very own![Psst! Looking for more great kitchen storage and organisation ideas?! Check out Clever Kitchen Organizing Supplies that Will Whip Your Space into Shape in No Time!]

Food Storage Containers with Lids - Airtight Leak Proof Easy Snap Lock...

CreekLineHouse .

• Sassy Redhead

What is the metal trim on the top edge of the dividers?

• Jacx

I've been looking for a great adhesive to glue a plastic lid holder to the side of our fridge at work. The stick on Velcro just ISN'T working. The fridge is stainless and the container is plastic. Do you think this might work. It doesn't matter if it's permanent. Thanks, love this project.

• Dianna

Try E600 glue. Can be found at craft store or home improvement stores

• Mona

Can I cut MDF with a hand saw? or do i need something more heavy duty? Your drawers look great, btw!