Kaysi Gardner
Kaysi Gardner
  • Kennewick, WA

How to Paint Dark Veneer Cabinets

When we bought our house three years ago I loved everything about it and I was so excited about everything in it. As soon as we got into it and really started living in it there were a couple things that just bugged me about the house. I still love it but there were a few things I wanted to change, one being the counter tops/vanity in my master bathroom. The look of tile on counter tops is nice but they
how to paint dark veneer cabinets

Here is the before picture of the vanity in our master.
how to paint dark veneer cabinets

The first thing I did was cleaned all the doors and drawers of the vanity. Then I removed them and sanded them and then started priming them.
how to paint dark veneer cabinets

Once they were all primed I then painted them with the real paint. To see what kind of paint I used, make sure to check out my blog post.
how to paint dark veneer cabinets

I also did the same thing to the vanity that I did to the doors/drawers. We also removed the counter tops at that time too.
how to paint dark veneer cabinets

I then put the doors and drawers back onto the vanity and then we had some new counter tops installed and we then put in a new back splash. Doesn't it look amazing? I love it so much more than the old vanity and I can't stop staring at it! The painting process was definitely a process but totally worth the time and energy, so make sure you check out my whole blog post to see how I did it.

• Paint
Kaysi Gardner