Giant Peeps Topiary

131K Views
When Easter comes around, I can't help but jump for joy when stores start lining their shelves with those oh-so-cute, squishy, and colorful PEEPS! Bunnies, chicks, whatever you please , these marshmallow goodies have become a staple of this happy holiday. So, I thought why not incorporate them into my spring decor? I love the element of playfulness they add to my everyday topiary.

Time: 2 HoursCost: $25Difficulty: Easy
  • easter peeps topiary
SUPPLIES:

- Piece of 1" (or thicker) styrofoam

- Xacto Knife

- Neon Paint (in PEEPS colors, of course)

- Foam Paint Brush

- Brown Paint

- Pencil

- 1/4" Round Dowels (x 2)

- Iridescent Glitter

- Faux Flowers/Greenery

- Garden Urn

- Styrofoam Circle 1" thick

- Ribbon (optional)

I used a Stone Garden Urn for the base of this project, as I had it on hand. But you can also get inexpensive plastic versions as well! Feel free to paint it in the color of your choice - just be sure it's exterior paint if it's living outdoors.

• easter peeps topiary

Step 1: Draw out your PEEPS bunny shape on your styrofoam piece.

*Use a handy photo from the PEEPS website online to reference.

• easter peeps topiary

Step 2: Using a sharp knife, cut out your bunny outline. Smooth out any rough edges with a nail file,

• easter peeps topiary

Step 3: Paint your bunny in a bright color like neon pink, purple, turquoise or yellow. Don't forget the edges and the backside!

Curious to know what color PEEPS come in? Check it out online!

• easter peeps topiary

Step 4: Add a little sparkle to your bunny, by applying a dusting of iridescent glitter all over the outline while the paint is still wet.

• easter peeps topiary

Step 5 : No PEEP is complete without a recognizable face! With your brown acrylic paint, give your bunny base two round eyes and one round nose.

• easter peeps topiary

Step 6: Insert two round dowels into the bottom of your bunny.

• easter peeps topiary

Step 7: Place your styrofoam circle inside the top of your urn. Ensure it fits tightly into the top, just beneath the rim.

Step 8: Poke two holes (side-by-side) into the center of the styrofoam.

• easter peeps topiary

Step 9: Insert the dowels from your PEEPS bunny into the holes in your circular piece.

• easter peeps topiary

Step 10: Wrap a long piece of wired greenery around the top of the urn, ensuring to cover the dowels and as much of the styrofoam base as possible.

• easter peeps topiary

Step 11: Add faux flowers throughout the greenery, continuing to cover up the styrofoam base.

• easter peeps topiary

Tying a bow around the bunnies neck with ribbon, gives it a special touch!

• easter peeps topiary

Now, doesn't that look pretty with a pop of fun?!

• easter peeps topiary

Shining brightly in the Spring sunlight!

Suggested materials for this project:

View All Materials
Prices updated as of July 5, 2018 10:50 PM - More infoHometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page.