Error loading player:
No playable sources found

Giant Peeps Topiary

$25

When Easter comes around, I can't help but jump for joy when stores start lining their shelves with those oh-so-cute, squishy, and colorful PEEPS! Bunnies, chicks, whatever you please , these marshmallow goodies have become a staple of this happy holiday. So, I thought why not incorporate them into my spring decor? I love the element of playfulness they add to my everyday topiary.

easter peeps topiary
SUPPLIES:

- Piece of 1" (or thicker) styrofoam

- Xacto Knife

- Neon Paint (in PEEPS colors, of course)

- Foam Paint Brush

- Brown Paint

- Pencil

- 1/4" Round Dowels (x 2)

- Iridescent Glitter

- Faux Flowers/Greenery

- Garden Urn

- Styrofoam Circle 1" thick

- Ribbon (optional)

I used a Stone Garden Urn for the base of this project, as I had it on hand. But you can also get inexpensive plastic versions as well! Feel free to paint it in the color of your choice - just be sure it's exterior paint if it's living outdoors.

easter peeps topiary

Step 1: Draw out your PEEPS bunny shape on your styrofoam piece.

*Use a handy photo from the PEEPS website online to reference.

easter peeps topiary

Step 2: Using a sharp knife, cut out your bunny outline. Smooth out any rough edges with a nail file,

easter peeps topiary

Step 3: Paint your bunny in a bright color like neon pink, purple, turquoise or yellow. Don't forget the edges and the backside!

Curious to know what color PEEPS come in? Check it out online!

easter peeps topiary

Step 4: Add a little sparkle to your bunny, by applying a dusting of iridescent glitter all over the outline while the paint is still wet.

easter peeps topiary

Step 5 : No PEEP is complete without a recognizable face! With your brown acrylic paint, give your bunny base two round eyes and one round nose.

easter peeps topiary

Step 6: Insert two round dowels into the bottom of your bunny.

easter peeps topiary

Step 7: Place your styrofoam circle inside the top of your urn. Ensure it fits tightly into the top, just beneath the rim.

Step 8: Poke two holes (side-by-side) into the center of the styrofoam.

easter peeps topiary

Step 9: Insert the dowels from your PEEPS bunny into the holes in your circular piece.

easter peeps topiary

Step 10: Wrap a long piece of wired greenery around the top of the urn, ensuring to cover the dowels and as much of the styrofoam base as possible.

easter peeps topiary

Step 11: Add faux flowers throughout the greenery, continuing to cover up the styrofoam base.

easter peeps topiary

Tying a bow around the bunnies neck with ribbon, gives it a special touch!

easter peeps topiary

Now, doesn't that look pretty with a pop of fun?!

easter peeps topiary

Shining brightly in the Spring sunlight!

• Cha10883011

That is adorable, it is one of the cutest and well put together crafts I have seen on this sight so far! What paint did you use on the styrofoam? Mexperience with painting styrofoam has been a nightmare .

• Sheila DeBow

What kind of paint did you use? I have used spray paint before on styrofoam and it kind of eats it up. I have lots of projects with styrofoam but am afraid to do any du to what happened before. Thanks for any information you can give me.

• Donna

Can cover styrofoam with a diluted Elmer’s or Mod Podge before spraying with paint

• Dawn

Did you seal it? What if it rains?

• Christina Bird

Probably acrylic. Like the folk art paint. You get at wal mart for ,88... but any acrylic should work...

• Kaleo

This is so cute... Will definetly make this peeps..

Thanks,for sharing

• Penny D

I am not a big decorator for Easter, but I love those peeps and will try this! It is so adorable! Incorporate your love of peeps into a decor that can be made and use and cute to boot? Kudos to you!