Dolly Sarrio
Dolly Sarrio
  • Timmonsville, SC

Spring Cleaning Thoughts, Tips, DIYS

What do you do when it comes to spring cleaning? Do you do extra cleaning this time of year, or are you one who doesn't have to do it? Are you one who I intend to be one day (who am I kidding?) ,that doesn't need to have a hard cleaning because your house is immaculate? Join me today as we talk cleaning.
spring cleaning thoughts tips diys
I'm still trying to get mine in that condition but for some reason things (mostly people) take me away. I know people are more important but I really want to get it in shape and keep it that way always! 
spring cleaning thoughts tips diys
Looking out through the windowThis was before the porch painting.Looking back I now know I really like the new floor color.Baskets taken from the top of my kitchen cabinets have been scrubbed and are on the porch drying. They were taken down when the kitchen was painted and needed a thorough cleaning. I washed them in the utility sink in laundry room with my homemade laundry soap then rinsed well and put them outside on the porch to dry.
spring cleaning thoughts tips diys
Window cleaning on an early spring dayI learned a great tip years ago from a friend named Diane.  She worked with me in the strawberry field and also cleaned houses. She cleaned a Lot of windows and said this simple mixture worked best for her and the other housekeepers. She was right it does work really well on dirty windows. Now keep in mind it may take a little muscle but it works! A clean window is a sparkling window! Window Cleaning Mixture for Dirty Windows
  • 1 bucket water with Blue Dawn Ultra Original Dishwashing Liquid a few squirts like you would do for dishes. **tip only that particular Dawn works for this well.** Special cloth for that bucket only
  • 1 bucket clear clean water for rinsing.  **Special cloth for that bucket only.
  • 1 larger soft cloth for drying to squeaky clean.  **Use an old clean cloth diaper, worn t shirt, tea towel anything that will dry and not leave lint on windows.  I have some diapers that I've been using now for over 40 years!
That's it and it works wonderfully with really dirty windows as a matter of fact mirrors as well!  If you like things to sparkle and shine as I do then you will love this little effort in the long run.  You won't have to do it all the time but it helps keep them cleaner longer.
spring cleaning thoughts tips diys
Hey I'm showing the real thing here! This was the top of my kitchen cabinets above stove. After a few years of neglect.  I have a large step stool/ladder that I use and then I do a balancing act on the edge of my counter tops to reach it. This is me below! (yeah right I wish)!
spring cleaning thoughts tips diys
Photo credit: Laurence Labat, Cirque de SoleilI don't recommend you do as I do by balancing on the edge of the counter top it is a little tricky and at sixty something I probably should be careful, but that is how I reach my tall cabinets in the kitchen and laundry room. 
spring cleaning thoughts tips diys
Clean and with very little effort!A bowl of clean water and this spray took care of it in a short time!(No I'm not compensated/paid to say this--wish I were lol I just like the Mrs. Meyer's Products!)
spring cleaning thoughts tips diys
This set in many many scents is only $10.99 @ Mrs. Meyer's websiteDish Soap, Hand Soap and Multi Surface Cleaner
spring cleaning thoughts tips diys
It is official now I must have OCD! Who knew? Maybe a slight case of it anyway, because when I run out of one of these I can't seem to use one in another scent!  I'll pull out one from same scent or put away until I can get another with same fragrance! They do make cleaning more fun that is for sure!
spring cleaning thoughts tips diys
I love Rosie and use this for a label on my homemade Heavy Duty Laundry Mixture which can be found on the website (the link below will lead you to it)I do recommend all of my mixtures because they do work! I spent a better part of yesterday making my laundry soap/detergents.  It can take a while but is so worth the effort.  A little bit of time spent on a good supply can last you many months and lots of cash that you can use for other things!
spring cleaning thoughts tips diys
This time of year is a time when I clean the carpets and rugs thoroughly.  I like to clean them always in the spring and again in the fall then maybe a few in between. Over the years I've had many carpet cleaner/shampooers by Hoover and they've been alright but I now own another that works even better and is much lighter, 17 1/2 lbs. The Bissell 1548 ProHeat 2X Revolution Pet Full-Size Carpet Cleaner. It is extremely light and much easier to carry upstairs.  I started cleaning the carpets after the painting and need to finish.  This cleaner works so well I like it! I don't own an indoor pet but have many outdoors and probably track in some of their "stuff"!  I figured if it would clean up behind them it will clean and it does! I guess that is enough cleaning talk for today!  I'll be back for more later.Happy Cleaning Everyone!Be sure to click the link below and those above for more helpful informationwhile you are there I'd love for you to sign up for all new post leaving your email. You will receive no spam and I would love to keep in touch!Disclosure: I was not compensated for any product review done on this post today

• Dawn Blue Dish Washing Liquid  (Sam's Club)
  • Mrs. Meyers Cleaning Products  (Mrs Meyers . com website)
  • The Bissell 1548 ProHeat 2X Revolution Pet Full-Size Carpet Cleaner.  (Amazon.com)
Dolly Sarrio

• Car20090887

Use the tried and true method of vinegar & water only to clean windows & no rinsing will be needed. Why would any one want to create an extra step, not to mention hauling extra water back & forth.

• Fis16693852

clean the front ad insides of kitchen cabinets?

• M

what cleaner did you use in the bissell?

• Nbl2637520

I use plastic wrap on top of cupboards and the refrigerator, also the oddities stored up on top get a bit of cling wrap too. I like the newspaper idea too, but with a swamp cooler I would worry about damp print transfer.

• Glo10206755

You mentioned probably having OCD. The doctor told me I had CDO -- like OCD, but the letters are in order ... as they should be! (Sorry -- couldn't resist!) Enjoyed reading your cleaning tips.