Erin Reed | Erin Reed Makes
Erin Reed | Erin Reed Makes
  • Pflugerville, TX

DIY Easter Candy Explosion Basket

I wanted something to give out to the teachers for Easter, and who does not love candy on a stick? So I made a explosion candy basket. I can take it up to the school and either drop it off at the front office for the teachers lounge or let the kids pull the sticks to pass out to the teachers and let everyone have a little something to brighten their day.
diy easter candy explosion basket

Start with a fin basket, I chose a burlap and canvas one, but any will work. Add in some Styrofoam rings inside the basket to allow you to place the items in it.
diy easter candy explosion basket

Create some candy on a stick (bamboo skewers) use some homemade sticky labels (printable on my blog) to hold the stick to the candy. Add some ribbon in it for fun!!
diy easter candy explosion basket

Don't forge the little candy eggs too!!!
diy easter candy explosion basket

Start sticking the candy on a stick into the Styrofoam in the basket. Alternate which side you place the candy to balance it out.
diy easter candy explosion basket

Add in in the little candy and some fake grass around the bottom to cover up the Styrofoam.
diy easter candy explosion basket

Create a little fun banner along the bottom of the basket, here I said" Happy Easter" cut from Rinea Paper foil in Blush and placed on banner and a little paper held on with a clip.
diy easter candy explosion basket

Make some fun 3D eggs with the Rinea paper foil to place it the basket as decor.
diy easter candy explosion basket

Enjoy your basket!! Perfect for a center piece, party decor, gift, office party, teachers lounge, the ideas are endless!!!

Here is a video tutorial on how I made this fun candy explosion basket!!!
diy easter candy explosion basket

Enjoy the candy yourself and pass them out!! Happy Easter!!

• Candy  (target)
  • Skewers  (target)
  • Foil paper  (Rinea)
Erin Reed | Erin Reed Makes