DIY Clock Table

$6.00

Hi everyone! I have been so busy planning our 2014, I have not had time to post – The good news – the planning is almost done, and I think you will love our 2014 plans when we are done ;-)
Yesterday, I was cleaning out our decor storage to make room for yes, more decor (after all; a girl has to have her stuff ;-) ) when an old Pottery Barn clock and a rather large iron candlestick appeared. I pulled them out, sitting the clock on the candlestick to keep it safe while I shifted the other items. When I turned around to move it back into storage, it was like angels singing! It was obvious their common theme was none other than a DIY Clock Table, a perfect up-cycle project! Dropping everything, I started designing how I would get it to stay on the candlestick, after all I always wanted a DIY Clock Table since seeing one in a magazine.
I 4 easy steps here's what I did to create this awesome DIY clock table:
I ran off to Lowe’s (because who wants to clean when you can play at Lowe’s, am I right? ;-) ). Once there I gathered the one item I did not have, Leveling Glides by Softtouch. I brought them home and got to work.
1. I drilled four 3/16″ holes at the 12 -3-6-9 marks on the wood frame of the clock.
2. Next, I painted the glides black to match the hands of the clock, dried, soaped the threads and screwed all four into the holes I drilled.
3. Then, I routed out the back of the clock in a small but deep circle for mounting the clock on to the candle stick seen below. I mounted it this way because the clock still works. Mounting this way we could change the batteries located in the back of the clock.
4. I added a piece of glass from the decor area, and BAM – a new DIY Clock Table!
That’s right – a sassy new DIY Clock Table out of three old items I would have never used again. How cool is that! ;-)
I hope you enjoy the quick post today and I promise the 2014 plans are coming to a blog near you soon! Have a great day everyone – happy blogging!
- Linda :-)
diy clock table, diy, how to, painted furniture, repurposing upcycling, Finished DIY Clock Table from Hello I Live Here
Finished DIY Clock Table from Hello I Live Here.
diy clock table, diy, how to, painted furniture, repurposing upcycling, Old Pottery Barn Clock from our Decor area
Old Pottery Barn Clock from our Decor area.
diy clock table, diy, how to, painted furniture, repurposing upcycling, Old candle Stick from our Decor area
Old candle Stick from our Decor area.
diy clock table, diy, how to, painted furniture, repurposing upcycling, Tools we used to complete our DIY Clock Table from Hello I Live Here
Tools we used to complete our DIY Clock Table from Hello I Live Here.
diy clock table, diy, how to, painted furniture, repurposing upcycling, Soft Touch Threaded Leveling Glides Silver so I painted them as shown below
Soft Touch Threaded Leveling Glides - Silver so I painted them as shown below.
diy clock table, diy, how to, painted furniture, repurposing upcycling, I drilled four 3 16 holes at the 12 3 6 9 marks on the wood frame of the clock
I drilled four 3/16″ holes at the 12 -3-6-9 marks on the wood frame of the clock.
diy clock table, diy, how to, painted furniture, repurposing upcycling, Next I painted the glides black to match the hands of the clock dried soaped the threads and screwed all four into the holes I drilled
Next, I painted the glides black to match the hands of the clock, dried, soaped the threads and screwed all four into the holes I drilled.
diy clock table, diy, how to, painted furniture, repurposing upcycling, Sealed the table top down by routeing a circle to fit the table top so it can still be removed to put batteries in for the clocks
Sealed the table top down by routeing a circle to fit the table top so it can still be removed to put batteries in for the clocks.
diy clock table, diy, how to, painted furniture, repurposing upcycling, Glass from our decor section added to the top to make the table
Glass from our decor section added to the top to make the table.
Linda Crandall