Mossy Spring Flower Sign

Turn an old piece of reclaimed wood, little wood letters and moss ribbon into a pretty Spring farmhouse sign and add a little sunshine and greenery to your space.

Despite the cold weather, I really needed to get into the Spring spirit so decided to make a cute new sign for the cedar shelf in my Living Room. My only requirements for the Spring sign was that it needed to be springy, bright and green.Having greenery in my home, at any time of the year, makes me happy and feel like I am connected to the outside world.  I already had this piece of reclaimed wood that was painted with Fusion Mineral Paint in Casement so I just needed something to go on it.  Off to Michaels I went to peruse the shelves. 

I found these great wood letters...

and some pretty moss ribbon.

I thought it would be fun to have raised letters this time on the sign since I usually hand paint them right onto the wood.To make them bright and sunshiny, they got a coat of Fusion Mineral Paint in Little Star.

Then came the moss.  I have to say, if you don't like messy projects... you won't like working with this moss ribbon!  It left mossy fuzz everywhere.To cover the letters, I laid each one onto the ribbon and cut the ribbon into the shape of the letter. I then used the hot glue gun to attach them together. I love how the pretty yellow peaks through from below the moss ♥

Once all of the letters were covered, they were laid out onto the wood plank. Using the hot glue gun again, they were then attached to the board.

I love the green and hint of yellow on the sign... and having the raised letters this time just make them pop. Now every time I see the sign, I can't help but smile and hope that Spring will be here soon!

Pop over to the blog for additional pictures from this projects and more great painting projects and tutorials...

• Reclaimed wood
  • Fusion Mineral Paint in Casement and Little Star  (Local Stockist)
  • Wood letters  (Michaels)

Recreated Designs