Easily Transform Medicine Cabinets From Bleak To Chic

Easily Transform Medicine Cabinets From Bleak To Chic! It seems we are all on the lookout for easier ways to transform our old things to new again, right? Well, I’ve found that most of the time, paint is the simplest way to get there. Whenever I discover a quick and easy fix, I love sharing it with you! Maybe you’ve tried this one already and maybe not, but I’m sure you will love it either way!

We had new medicine cabinets installed about two years ago, and in that short time, the developed some nasty stains that wouldn’t come out no matter what I tried. Rather than install new ones, I knew painting them would be the resolve!Recently, I got some incredible CHALKED Ultra Matte Paint from Rust-Oleum and wow, the first time I used it, I knew I was in love, and I just had to use it again in my medicine cabinets.I used the Blush Pink for my Farmhouse Mason Jars and they turned out beautifully, so I knew the paint would work out great for the cabinets too. 

Rust-Oleum® Chalked Ultra Matte Paint creates an ultra matte finish with superior adhesion and coverage.  It rejuvenates furniture and home décor with timeless elegance.  It can be painted or distressed, giving any project a one of a kind look with a vintage feel.

While this medicine cabinet still looks brand new on the outside, the inside tells a different story. 

You can see below, how stained and yucky my medicine cabinets got just from daily use. 

Using this Chalked Paint from Rust-Oleum was the easiest and best solution! I love the blush pink color and now, I don’t have to worry about those nasty stains anymore.

I love the blush pink, it adds just enough of the femme factor for me to feel all girlie when I do my skincare routine! It was so easy to paint and took me all of a few short hours. It dries quickly between coats too. I decided to use two coats for a solid protective base for any future spills and mess. Be sure to stop over and see more pics of this process! Also be sure to subscribe to my newsletter to get the latest giveaways and new posts!  Click here to subscribe now

• Rustoleum  (https://www.rustoleum.com/product-catalog/consumer-brands/chalked/ultra-matte-paint)

Get Ready For The Baseball Season With These Great Projects
25 Fabulous Feather Projects That You Don't Want To Miss
15 Awesome Projects To Get You Ready For St. Patrick's Day
18 Beautiful Crafts For The 4th of July
3 Absolutely Adorable Ways To Display Your Plants
Save Your Old Cans For These 31 Home Decor Ideas
30 Address Signs That'll Make Your Neighbors Stop in Admiration
These Bathroom Makeovers Might Inspire You To Update Your Own
Copy One Of These Lovely Lattice Ideas For Your Home
13 Bird Feeders From Upcycled Items
15 Clever Ways To Repurpose Old Light Bulbs
26 Adorable Ornament Ideas to Get You REALLY Excited for Christmas
Here's How You Can DIY The Hottest Home Decor Trends of 2018
Sassy Townhouse Living

• Bernice H

Looks real good...I have these cabinets..the inside of mine is plastic...will this work? And obviously I wouldn't need 32 oz..does it come smaller sizes?

• Sassy Townhouse Living

Hi Bernice! I would use a base primer first for sure. This way the paint will have that base to grab on to. I have two metal cabinets too and was actually going to do the very same on them. Use primer and then the chalk paint. Hope that helps.

• Tiffany

How well has the paint held up now since it’s been over a year since you did this project? I have the same medicine cabinet only mine has the ugly oak frame on outside and it’s recessed into the wall. The frame has very little water damage right where we grab doors to open them only. Since the rest of it’s fine, I want to repaint it but not sure what paint to use. I don’t want to waste time repairing & sanding (best that’s possible with mdf), only to have it chipping off in month.

• Sassy Townhouse Living

Hi Tiffany, it's still like brand new! I'm so glad I decided to paint it. You don't have to really do that much work before painting or at least I didn't do any. If you have any rough spots you might want to sand them but this paint covered and lasted very well. It looks like the very day I painted it. Hope that helps.

• PamB

Did you have to deal it? If so what would you suggest?

• Sassy Townhouse Living

Oh you mean seal it? Nope, the paint has a sealer in it but you can always throw a coat of sealer on it as extra measure.