Easily Transform Medicine Cabinets From Bleak To Chic

Easily Transform Medicine Cabinets From Bleak To Chic! It seems we are all on the lookout for easier ways to transform our old things to new again, right? Well, I’ve found that most of the time, paint is the simplest way to get there. Whenever I discover a quick and easy fix, I love sharing it with you! Maybe you’ve tried this one already and maybe not, but I’m sure you will love it either way!

We had new medicine cabinets installed about two years ago, and in that short time, the developed some nasty stains that wouldn’t come out no matter what I tried. Rather than install new ones, I knew painting them would be the resolve!Recently, I got some incredible CHALKED Ultra Matte Paint from Rust-Oleum and wow, the first time I used it, I knew I was in love, and I just had to use it again in my medicine cabinets.I used the Blush Pink for my Farmhouse Mason Jars and they turned out beautifully, so I knew the paint would work out great for the cabinets too. 

Rust-Oleum® Chalked Ultra Matte Paint creates an ultra matte finish with superior adhesion and coverage.  It rejuvenates furniture and home décor with timeless elegance.  It can be painted or distressed, giving any project a one of a kind look with a vintage feel.

While this medicine cabinet still looks brand new on the outside, the inside tells a different story. 

You can see below, how stained and yucky my medicine cabinets got just from daily use. 

Using this Chalked Paint from Rust-Oleum was the easiest and best solution! I love the blush pink color and now, I don’t have to worry about those nasty stains anymore.

I love the blush pink, it adds just enough of the femme factor for me to feel all girlie when I do my skincare routine! It was so easy to paint and took me all of a few short hours. It dries quickly between coats too. I decided to use two coats for a solid protective base for any future spills and mess. Be sure to stop over and see more pics of this process! Also be sure to subscribe to my newsletter to get the latest giveaways and new posts!  Click here to subscribe now

• Rustoleum  (https://www.rustoleum.com/product-catalog/consumer-brands/chalked/ultra-matte-paint)

15 Awesome Projects To Get You Ready For St. Patrick's Day
How A Little Bit Of Glitter Can Go A Long Way!
3 Gorgeous Ideas to Use Photo Frames - and Not for Pictures!
25 Christmas Wreath Ideas You Don't Want To Miss This Year
Do Your Kitchen Cabinets Need an Update?
Easy DIY Ideas To Add Some FUN To Your Office Space
30 Gorgeous Ways To Keep Your Home Organized
Sassy Townhouse Living

• Tiffany
    Tiffany

How well has the paint held up now since it’s been over a year since you did this project? I have the same medicine cabinet only mine has the ugly oak frame on outside and it’s recessed into the wall. The frame has very little water damage right where we grab doors to open them only. Since the rest of it’s fine, I want to repaint it but not sure what paint to use. I don’t want to waste time repairing & sanding (best that’s possible with mdf), only to have it chipping off in month.

• Deborah
      Deborah

Tiffany, you can sand MDF, lightly then paint over it, give it a good couple of coats and it should look great and last a good while. If the moisture really concerns you, you can always put an epoxy paint on the outside.

• PamB
    PamB

Did you have to deal it? If so what would you suggest?

• Sassy Townhouse Living
      Sassy Townhouse Living

Oh you mean seal it? Nope, the paint has a sealer in it but you can always throw a coat of sealer on it as extra measure.

• Isabel
    Isabel

I have a big window in my bedroom and two small ones one on each side what kind of curtains would look good?