DIY Decoupage Bird Feeder Planter

1 Material
$25

Made from recycled materials this bird feeder turned into bright spot in the garden, something the birds LOVE.
diy decoupage bird feeder planter

With this project we started with Terra Cotta pots that have sitting around the garden waiting for to do something with them.

Other supplies include fabric swatches, Mod Podge, scissors and later we'll be using some scrap wood and a drill.
diy decoupage bird feeder planter

Begin by cleaning the exterior of the pot, I should have probably sanded but I didn't and the good news is that it didn't really matter because this project is outside and it's holing up good.
diy decoupage bird feeder planter

I cut fabric swatches into squares and rectangles then began applying them in a mix match formation directly to the pot.

There really wan't a plan I just wanted to get the main container covered.
diy decoupage bird feeder planter

I used small clay pots for the bird feeder part. This will be filled with bird seed on days when it isn't raining.

You want to use a screw and bolt to apply and use a manual screw driver because these pots break easy.
diy decoupage bird feeder planter

I took two pieces of scrap wood making sure that bottom piece fit tight against the walls of the pot and then drilled them together.

The final step with here was to connect the pot to the top piece of the wood. I used lava rock to fill in the base for additional stability and then filled with dirt prior to adding plants.
diy decoupage bird feeder planter

Adding plants and a few twigs was the perfect touch to welcome the birds into this unique recycled bird feeder planter.

• Mod Podge  (Hobby Lobby)
Garden Up Green - Carole

• Gayle Deas

With our squirrel population the birds wouldn't get a bite. It's a battle to outsmart them. Glad you don't have that problem. Very nice post.

• Nursejnm

I put unshelled peanuts out with a dish of birdseed. The squirrels take the nuts and the birds get the seeds. Really works for me.