DIY Sunburst Mirror - Under $10

$7.00

I'm in the process of renovating my son's room. I put up roman shades in his room and took down the old blinds that were up. After I took the blinds down, I realized that I could make them in to a pretty cool mirror. So, that's what I did. The project ended up costing me under $7 and took a few hours of my time. I'm in love with the outcome.
*Visit my blog for more details and pictures.
DIY Upcycled Sunburst Mirror
Cut the thread out of the blinds. Wash the blinds with warm soapy water.
Stack the blinds by two (making sure the blinds curve in on each other - like an oval).
Bunch 5 pairs together to create a fan. Duct tape the fan together (the tighter the better).
Use bolt cutters to cut off the excess (below the tape).
Using a store bought mirror (I bought mine at Joanns), draw a circle template about the same size as the mirror on plywood. Use a jigsaw to cut the circle out.
Hot glue all the blind pieces to the plywood. Wait five minutes or so, and then wiggle the blind pieces. If they wiggle, go back and add more hot glue.
Glue the mirror on the front. Add wall hanging clips to the plywood and hang.
Enjoy the easy and cheap mirror you just made.

23 Adorable Ways You Can Make Your Own Coasters
30 Address Signs That'll Make Your Neighbors Stop in Admiration
30 Stylish Update Ideas You'll Want To Use For Your Bedroom
Does Your Staircase Need an Update?
Ashley@Biggerthanthethreeofus

• Karen Wagner
    Karen Wagner

How did you get the ends to stagger in length to create t&/he star shape?

• Johnne Bump
      Johnne Bump

You stagger them as you are making each group of bundles before taping. No need to cut the tops. A good pair of kitchen shears or smaller wire cutters might work in cutting bottom portion off. May have to do a few at a time instead of whole bundle at once. A good kitchen shears should cut right through them with ease.

• Bonnie
    Bonnie

You didn't spray paint the blinds?

• Connie Winks
    Connie Winks

It looks like the mirror has a design on it, what is the design? And was it on the mirror or is it something that you added?

• Jill Dermer
    Jill Dermer

How creative! Nice job and pretty!

• Mim
    Mim

This is an admirable project. Looks great! Thanks for the tutorial.