DIY Sunburst Mirror - Under $10

$7.00

I'm in the process of renovating my son's room. I put up roman shades in his room and took down the old blinds that were up. After I took the blinds down, I realized that I could make them in to a pretty cool mirror. So, that's what I did. The project ended up costing me under $7 and took a few hours of my time. I'm in love with the outcome.
*Visit my blog for more details and pictures.
DIY Upcycled Sunburst Mirror
DIY Upcycled Sunburst Mirror
diy sunburst mirror under 10, crafts, Cut the thread out of the blinds Wash the blinds with warm soapy water
Cut the thread out of the blinds. Wash the blinds with warm soapy water.
diy sunburst mirror under 10, crafts, Stack the blinds by two making sure the blinds curve in on each other like an oval
Stack the blinds by two (making sure the blinds curve in on each other - like an oval).
diy sunburst mirror under 10, crafts, Bunch 5 pairs together to create a fan Duct tape the fan together the tighter the better
Bunch 5 pairs together to create a fan. Duct tape the fan together (the tighter the better).
diy sunburst mirror under 10, crafts, Use bolt cutters to cut off the excess below the tape
Use bolt cutters to cut off the excess (below the tape).
diy sunburst mirror under 10, crafts, Using a store bought mirror I bought mine at Joanns draw a circle template about the same size as the mirror on plywood Use a jigsaw to cut the circle out
Using a store bought mirror (I bought mine at Joanns), draw a circle template about the same size as the mirror on plywood. Use a jigsaw to cut the circle out.
diy sunburst mirror under 10, crafts, Hot glue all the blind pieces to the plywood Wait five minutes or so and then wiggle the blind pieces If they wiggle go back and add more hot glue
Hot glue all the blind pieces to the plywood. Wait five minutes or so, and then wiggle the blind pieces. If they wiggle, go back and add more hot glue.
diy sunburst mirror under 10, crafts, Glue the mirror on the front Add wall hanging clips to the plywood and hang
Glue the mirror on the front. Add wall hanging clips to the plywood and hang.
diy sunburst mirror under 10, crafts, Enjoy the easy and cheap mirror you just made
Enjoy the easy and cheap mirror you just made.
Ashley@Biggerthanthethreeofus

• Karen Wagner

How did you get the ends to stagger in length to create t&/he star shape?

• Johnne Bump

You stagger them as you are making each group of bundles before taping. No need to cut the tops. A good pair of kitchen shears or smaller wire cutters might work in cutting bottom portion off. May have to do a few at a time instead of whole bundle at once. A good kitchen shears should cut right through them with ease.

• Bonnie

You didn't spray paint the blinds?

• Connie Winks

It looks like the mirror has a design on it, what is the design? And was it on the mirror or is it something that you added?

• Emily

this is one of the best projects I have seen done on Hometalk. It is very original and shows the use of a common item. I could access the blind at our town swap shop. My husband could cut the shape I need to support mirror, I have a mirror that would work. I won't do it though because I have no wall space! But congratulations on a great project!

• Jill Dermer

How creative! Nice job and pretty!