Modern Patio Diy Inspiration

$1000
1 Week
Advanced

Two things, many of us have nosy neighbors.....and have need for a patio space that is functional! Well, that was the case for me. So I planned out a design and created a modern outdoor space that addressed both problems! Check it out...

Patio transformation

Video for inspiration and ideas!

Before

My side patio was a mess! For as long as I can remember, When it comes to up-keep, a home is a never ending story...inside and out! This is the before picture.

removing rubble and clearing the area

First I removed all the rubble.

Boxing in the area

Next I cleared the area and leveled it I Boxed it in with 1x4s so I could pour the concrete.

Conduit for outlets

Before adding rocks, I added conduit so I could run wires and have outlets around the patio.

Pouring the slab

I filled the frames with rocks and added rebar and mesh. It was a back breaking job to pour and finish the slab!

Slab and wind sails

I was just one guy and had to mix as I went along. I did the two small ones one day and the larger box on another. Here you can see the slabs are curing. I added wind sails, they really make the space!

Wind Sails

Another look at the wind sails.

Custom Furniture being built

I build seating along the fence line and attached a tall backing to it. All this lumber was 1x4 and 2x4. I covered the furniture with enamel paint for protection from the elements.

Horizontal modern design

Patio furniture is made with a horizontal design, take a look.

Enamel Paint on patio furniture

Furniture painted with outdoor enamel paint for maximum protection from the elements!

Patio is looking great!

The cool thing about this patio project is, it feels modern and welcoming. The furniture also serves as privacy from prying eyes. This is the space I created I hope it gave you some ideas.

Earlier photo missing backing on second privacy seating. You can see the slab is painted, wind sails up and the outdoor space is taking shape!

A great privacy wall with seating!

Another look...

30 Great Mason Jar Ideas You Have To Try
Everything Red For Canada Day
10 Popular Cabinet Makeovers That Will Transform Your Kitchen
3 Easy Ways to Make The Cutest Coasters for Your House
Get The Party Started With These Perfect DIY Decor Ideas
25 Creative Ways You Can Decorate Using Maps
3 Creative Eye Catching Rug Projects That No One Else Has!
Check Out These 30 Incredible Sharpie Makeovers
31 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
3 Simple Green Ways To Clean In Your Home
30 Jaw-Dropping Decorating Techniques You've Never Seen Before

• Lynn Schrecengost

Being just 1 person working on this project, how long did it take you to a accomplish?

What would you rate your DIY skills levelat?

• Anya Qu

Looks great! Where have you attached the wind sails to? I’m trying to zoom in to see but can’t really tell.

• Tina

Could you put diagrams for the benches, I love them.

• Solomom

Beautiful work! Nicely done!

• Linda Young

Looks great. At least when you are outside you aren't on display to the neighbors. The neighbors yard is concealed as well.

I poured a much smaller slab in front of my basement door all by myself. All my husband did was put in wood forms. NEVER AGAIN. I had to mix the cement in a wheelbarrow.

My husband did compliment me on it though.