Modern Patio Diy Inspiration

$1000
1 Week
Advanced

Two things, many of us have nosy neighbors.....and have need for a patio space that is functional! Well, that was the case for me. So I planned out a design and created a modern outdoor space that addressed both problems! Check it out...

Patio transformation

Video for inspiration and ideas!

Before

My side patio was a mess! For as long as I can remember, When it comes to up-keep, a home is a never ending story...inside and out! This is the before picture.

removing rubble and clearing the area

First I removed all the rubble.

Boxing in the area

Next I cleared the area and leveled it I Boxed it in with 1x4s so I could pour the concrete.

Conduit for outlets

Before adding rocks, I added conduit so I could run wires and have outlets around the patio.

Pouring the slab

I filled the frames with rocks and added rebar and mesh. It was a back breaking job to pour and finish the slab!

Slab and wind sails

I was just one guy and had to mix as I went along. I did the two small ones one day and the larger box on another. Here you can see the slabs are curing. I added wind sails, they really make the space!

Wind Sails

Another look at the wind sails.

Custom Furniture being built

I build seating along the fence line and attached a tall backing to it. All this lumber was 1x4 and 2x4. I covered the furniture with enamel paint for protection from the elements.

Horizontal modern design

Patio furniture is made with a horizontal design, take a look.

Enamel Paint on patio furniture

Furniture painted with outdoor enamel paint for maximum protection from the elements!

Patio is looking great!

The cool thing about this patio project is, it feels modern and welcoming. The furniture also serves as privacy from prying eyes. This is the space I created I hope it gave you some ideas.

Earlier photo missing backing on second privacy seating. You can see the slab is painted, wind sails up and the outdoor space is taking shape!

A great privacy wall with seating!

Another look...

• Michele trow

I absolutely love what you did with that space. The lines are clean and modern. I like that fact that you used outdoor enamel paint. It looks fantastic

• Kiki

ask your building supplier store employee to recommend

• Bernice

Please tell me the purpose of wind sails? What are they made of, Where do you buy them? Are they for sun protection?

• Sharon Goodwin

Amazon has shade sails as well , I have two up over my dog pen . I have no trees in the area and the sails help keep the dogs cooler in the summer. I take mine down in the winter, put them back up in the spring.

• Lynn Schrecengost

Being just 1 person working on this project, how long did it take you to a accomplish?

What would you rate your DIY skills levelat?

• Amy M Goines

I had never seen windsails. Im showing my husband this. Its a great solution for our deck and not as back breaking work as building a wood structure over half of the deck.

• Linda Foltz Meadows

Love your porch. I to am interested in the wind sails.The east and west winds always breaks my umbrella sun shade.My home sits South and the sun is very hot on my porch. Would wind sails work better?And where can you find them?