DIY Dollar Store Spring Wreath

$15

You can buy a wreath base at your local craft store but I am going to show you a DIY way to make it for less than $5. I made this entire wreath for $15 (since I already had the hula hoop and pool noodles).
Gather all materials: I went to the Dollar Store and bought all the ingredients you see here! A hula hoop, pool noodles, Easter eggs, hot glue, knife, tape, bunny ears and fake flowers.
You can buy your wreath base OR make it: To make it, feed your pool noodle onto the entire hula hoop.
Tape it off so the entire hula hoop is covered by the pool noodles.
Hot glue your eggs (starting on the outside) going one direction.
Hot glue eggs on the inside the opposite direction (makes it easier for the next step of stacking).
Start stacking! This takes a little bit of patience depending on the size of the wreath. Continue to glue them on at random until it's covered.
Add your filler - whether it's ribbon, fake grass, flowers, tinsel, etc. Be creative!
Cut the ears off the headband and glue them on to wherever your heart desires!

• Hula hoop  (Dollar Store)
  • Pool noodles  (Dollar Store)
  • A lot of Easter eggs  (Dollar Store)

• Mgwouden

How do you Store the wreath for following years? Or do you make one every year?
    • Nita Jones

Wreath is very, very nice and the bunny ears are such a cute addition!!

• Mary Beth Hebert

How would one make this more about Jesus Christ rising from the dead instead of just a secular easter bunny.
    • Judith Condos

tI do believe this would make a lovely wreath for Memorial Day, some gorgeous red,white and blue flowers and wonderful greenery would be beautiful. I feel it could be made into a smaller sized wreath with the pool noodles. Thank you for this fine idea. At Christmas, the whole hula hoop with the pool noodle wrapped on iy would be an excellent size for all kinds of Christmas flowers, some sprayed pine cones, maybe done with the silver, shiny cones made into a fabulous large sized wreath, wrapped with battery operated fairy lights or Christmas colored lights, so many ways to make it beautiful!

• Kay Hutchison

Hot glue directly from the glue gun will melt your pool noodle! Put the glue on the egg, then put the egg on the noodle, it will cool enough to stick but not melt.

• Lu

Lu Villa IL
    I like them both, I will probably do a Halloween one to start!