DIY Dollar Store Spring Wreath

$8

An overly festive wreath isn't ideal for everyone so here is another option! I wish I could've thought of another alternative for the "grass" I DIY'ed but I can't wait to hear what you guys would do in the comments down below. This wreath cost me $8! Who says decor had to be expensive?

Gather all your materials: hula hoop, pool noodles, tape, knife if you want to make your own wreath base! But for the decor you'll need fake flowers, green streamers or ribbon that looks like grass (or another alternative), white foam, pink felt, hot glue, a sharpie and scissors!

To make a wreath base: slide the hula hoop into the pool noodle until completely covered. You do not need to DIY a wreath base! The reason I do is because at my craft store a 12 inch one is about $10 versus this one I am making for less than $5 and it's a 22 inch.

Tape it all together!

Fray your streamers any way you want but ideally you want it thinner to look like grass.

Wrap it around the wreath until completely covered.

Hot glue your choice of flowers on.

Sketch and cut out some bunny ears,

Cut the pink felt a little smaller for the inner of the bunny ear.

Add a dab of hot glue on the bottom and pinch together.

This adds a cute little detail.

Glue onto the wreath wherever your creative heart desires! Add a tail, nose, ear, cross, signage, etc if you'd like!

Grab some fishing line and hang.

• Hula hoop  (Dollar Store)
  • Pool noodles  (Dollar Store)
  • Green streamer  (Dollar Store)

31 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
Jazz Up Your Bathroom With These 30 Stylish Additions
Fun Father's Day Gift Ideas You Can Make Yourself
18 Wintery Wreath Ideas That You'll Want To Make For Your Home
30 Amazing Ways To Organize Your Shoes

• Mis3491233
    Mis3491233

Did you cut the hula hoop to slide the noodles on or did you slice the noodles on one side?
    • Lynn Brantman
      Lynn Brantman

What about using pipe insulation? They come pre-slit and with tape to seal the edges. I have left overs and think I will try this for a summer wreath or for patriotic holidays. Great idea!
  • Tinamomoftwins
    Tinamomoftwins

I wonder if green eyelash yarn would work for the grass? It is a bit pricey though for the amount you might need.

• Rita Hendricks
      Rita Hendricks

I have used this product before ... it is thin... so I suggest that you 1st. cover the hoop with another product, ie. green cloth , colored duct tape, ect. use the eyelash yarn to give the effect you want... because the Eyelash yarn won't do a good cover job on it's own, without becoming expensive ( eyelash yarn is Very! expensive)