Spring Gardening & Tips

Do you love gardening and being right smack in the middle of it all?I know I sure do and I just cannot wait for this time of the year to begin my vegetable garden. Today I am sharing some musings of the time spent in the garden and some tips that have really helped my garden stay healthy and produce good and continuous crops throughout our Texas growing season.
Sunflower

Among the joy of the harvest of the garden I enjoy working in the soil and watching tiny seedlings sprout into glorious plants.Did you know that people who surround themselves with nature are less stressed.There are reports that women who include nature in their lives actually live longer and I would suspect are much happier too!
Green Bean Sprouting

Today I am sharing two tips on Gardening that are simple and have helped with production and the health of my plants.

Gardening Tip One:Plant your garden in intervals of anywhere from 2-3 weeks.Benefit:Increases the longevity of the crop. When one planting is finishing up producing your second crop and subsequent crops will begin.

Gardening Tip Two:Organic GardeningI have worked with all three of these organic products and I know that they work and here is why.1. Llama ManureBenefit:1. Use " llama beans" for a natural and organic fertilizer. They are a rich organic fertilizer with potassium, nitrogen and phosphorous. They are earth friendly and reduce your carbon footprint by recycling part of nature.
  • "According to High Desert Organic Gardeners, you should use 13 times the amount of llama manure as you would chemical fertilizer to get the same amount of nitrogen as 20-10-5 mixes."
  • Reference from SF Homeguides
2. Fish EmulsionIs a natural and burn free nitrogen and organic fertilizer, and stimulates microorganisms that live in the soil.3. Liquid Seaweed FertilizerThis fertilizer  boosts plant health and helps with environmental stress.Can even help discourage spider mites. 

Thank you for joining me today!I always enjoy reading your comments.Jemma

Easy DIY Ideas To Add Some FUN To Your Office Space
Do You Want to Make Over a Room in Your Home & Add Gorgeous Built-Ins?
15 Awesome Projects To Get You Ready For St. Patrick's Day
30 Great Mason Jar Ideas You Have To Try
30 Jewelry Organizing Ideas That Are Better Than a Jewelry Box
3 Great Projects To Flip Your Cookie Sheet Pans
20 Ways To Improve Your Drop Cloth
Jemma

• Mollybea
    Mollybea

Do you use both the seaweed fertilizer AND the fish emulsion on the same plants and at the same time?
  • Bernice
    Bernice

I used to run a greenhouse. My side kick (my Daughter) laughed because she didn't believe some of my remedies would work. Now she's majoring in horticulture and thanks me at least once a week. We started giant white bird of paradise, orange bird of paradise, passion fruit, and roses from seed. We had so much fun. Everything we did was started from seed or clippings. What I taught her to use as a natural root tone is willow. We started a corkscrew willow just by shoving it in the ground.
    Gather a handful of leaves. Either boil a gallon of water and let it cool to very warm and add your crushed or cut up leaves. Let it cool and set overnight. It's ready to go and will last until it tells you it's no good. (Believe me you'll know)
    I like the rain water technique better because it's better for your plants. I make it like I would sun tea. I add my leaves (crushed and cut up) and put it in the sun. Depending on the heat of the sun, I let mine sit three days or better. I used it even when it stunk to high heaven. It seemed to work really good at that point.
    They get asprin from willow as well. There are so many healing factors in our plants. People forget where pharmacuticals​ come from.
  • Tsp21137834
    Tsp21137834

Wat is the best way to keep weeds out? We pull and till to no avail
    • Sandra Adams
      Sandra Adams

Easiest way I found was to plant in rows far enough apart so you can push mow between them. Then all you have to do is pull around the plant or mulch around them. Plus side, you can walk in between rows sooner after it rains without getting muddy, will hold moisture better, your back will thank you for it. Our mower has a bagger so all the clippings stayed away from the plants.