Fancy Plastic Spoon Mirror

When looking for a decorative and fancy wall feature, making one is super easy and inexpensive. Here's how I did a fancy plastic spoon mirror in less than an hour.

fancy plastic spoon mirror, Here s what you will need
Here's what you will need...

• Cardboard or pizza box carton
  • 5 packs of 25 white plastic spoons
  • small/medium round mirror
  • spray paint of your preferred color
  • hot glue gun & scissor

fancy plastic spoon mirror, Trace 2 circles
Trace 2 circles

STEP 1 - Trace a large circle. Inside the large circle trace your mirror.

fancy plastic spoon mirror, Cut spoons as shown
Cut spoons as shown

Step 2 - Cut all spoons as shown above. Use hot glue gun to glue around the small circle. NOTE: glue the spoons inside of the circle line so that when the mirror is placed on top it will cover the trimmed part of the spoons.

fancy plastic spoon mirror

STEP 3 - Keep gluing the spoons as shown.

fancy plastic spoon mirror

STEP 4 - If you glue a spoon and feel its off, remove it and glue again. at the end you should have something that looks like picture shown above.

fancy plastic spoon mirror, Spray paint
Spray paint

STEP 5 - Sit the spoons on top of anything high off the ground so you can go around the spoons spraying evenly. (on this picture I placed it on the ground, therefore you can see the off tones when spraying)

fancy plastic spoon mirror, Paint as many coats as needed
Paint as many coats as needed

STEP 6 - After 2 coats, this is the end result. I didn't want a dark gold.

fancy plastic spoon mirror, Glue the mirror
Glue the mirror

STEP 7 - Since the mirror is small, hot glue worked all around the mirror and glued on top of the edges of the spoons right in the middle. NOTE: if your mirror is bigger, Hot glue gun may not work. Use 1 or 2 round cardboard and stick to the middle space of the spoons before gluing the mirror on top.

fancy plastic spoon mirror

This is the final look after spraying silver. I also added little pebbles around the mirror with hot glue. (totally optional)
Arlin Romano

• Kathryn Sanderson

How did you cut the spoons? Scissors? Craft knife? This is beautiful!

• John D. Eyman

I would recommend using a hacksaw or a coping saw which can be purchased 3-4 dollars. I have a scroll saw that will work great for this. coping or scroll saws will give the cleanest cuts.

• Oli11446669

How do you hang it on the wall?

• Patti

i really love love this. Do you think I could put something instead of the mirror and use for a wreath for my door. I would love that and it seems to be easy enough for me to make. Thanks

• Louise Capra

I want to try this! Lovely. BUT I want to make it as a wreath for my door. Thanks for the great idea!!!!

• John D. Eyman

I just might do this but think I will look for the ones that are already silver in color to skip the paint. I sure there are many sources of colored spoons