Turn a Thrift Store Frame Into a Beautiful Spring Wreath

77K Views
Thrift stores are full of old frames and this is an easy way to turn one of those into a beautiful, colourful Spring wreath.
Time: 1 HoursCost: $10.00Difficulty: Medium
  • turn a thrift store frame into a beautiful spring wreath

A year and half ago I turned an old frame into a Fall wreath and it has always been one of my favourite crafty projects (not to mention most popular posts).This time around, I wanted to make one for Spring with some beautiful Spring colours... pink, peach, yellow and white.Start with an old thrift store frame.  I picked this one up for $1. Remove the glass and backing and save these for another project.

Paint the frame and distress it lightly.  The beautiful, soft yellow that I used was Country Chic Paint in Creme Brulee.

Collect some pretty spring flowers in bright Springy colours.  I picked these up at Michaels.To make the initial bunch of flowers that will hang from the frame, grab them with one hand...

and wrap the stems with burlap ribbon.  To hold the ribbon in place, use a little hot glue on the back of the bunch.

Use a piece of wider burlap ribbon, looped around one of the corners to hang the wreath with. To attach the flowers to the frame, slice a hole through the large burlap ribbon and slip the end of the bouquet through the slit. Add some hot glue to the corner to hold the flowers in place.

Once your initial bouquet is in place, begin adding flowers until you have a fullness that you like.  Use a little dab of hot glue to hold them in place.

This pretty wreath goes perfectly with all of the other yellow I've been adding this year for Spring and certainly makes things bright and cheery. Pop over to the blog for additional pictures of each step and the final wreath as well as more painting projects and furniture makeovers...

Suggested materials for this project:

• Old frame  (thrift store)
  • Paint  (craft store or local stockist)
  • Spring flowers  (Michaels)
Recreated Designs

Ask a Question