Turn a Thrift Store Frame Into a Beautiful Spring Wreath

$10.00

Thrift stores are full of old frames and this is an easy way to turn one of those into a beautiful, colourful Spring wreath.

A year and half ago I turned an old frame into a Fall wreath and it has always been one of my favourite crafty projects (not to mention most popular posts).This time around, I wanted to make one for Spring with some beautiful Spring colours... pink, peach, yellow and white.Start with an old thrift store frame.  I picked this one up for $1. Remove the glass and backing and save these for another project.

Paint the frame and distress it lightly.  The beautiful, soft yellow that I used was Country Chic Paint in Creme Brulee.

Collect some pretty spring flowers in bright Springy colours.  I picked these up at Michaels.To make the initial bunch of flowers that will hang from the frame, grab them with one hand...

and wrap the stems with burlap ribbon.  To hold the ribbon in place, use a little hot glue on the back of the bunch.

Use a piece of wider burlap ribbon, looped around one of the corners to hang the wreath with. To attach the flowers to the frame, slice a hole through the large burlap ribbon and slip the end of the bouquet through the slit. Add some hot glue to the corner to hold the flowers in place.

Once your initial bouquet is in place, begin adding flowers until you have a fullness that you like.  Use a little dab of hot glue to hold them in place.

This pretty wreath goes perfectly with all of the other yellow I've been adding this year for Spring and certainly makes things bright and cheery. Pop over to the blog for additional pictures of each step and the final wreath as well as more painting projects and furniture makeovers...

Everything Red For Canada Day
15 Memorial Day Crafts
20 Easy Projects To Help You Get Ready For Easter
16 Stunning Sign Ideas You Can Make for Your Home
Easy DIY Remedies For Your 7 Most Hated Bugs
Quick Easter Egg Ideas That Are Just Too Cute
How To: Make Hot Glue Placemats + More Crafts Ideas!
3 Fantastic Step-By-Step Ideas What To Do With Pallets!
15 Stencil Patterns You'll Wish You'd Seen Sooner
Check Out These 30 Incredible Sharpie Makeovers
Recreated Designs

• Rebecca Williams

I really like this. Neat idea. I have thought of using a coat hanger too. Wrapped in burlap or ribbon. Im a crafter myself but never thought of a frame. Great idea.

• Rita

This is sooo cool. I love it I’m doing one now......all I have to do is hang it and then I’ll take a pic and post it. Thank you for a different look to make a wreath.

• Recreated Designs

Aww thanks so much Rita! I would love to see your creation as well! Please do share when you are done. I'm so glad you liked it. Enjoy and stay well!!