How to Clean Out Your China Cabinet and Get a Nice Repurpose Too!

What do you do when you are trying to declutter your home but the more you try the more things you find and just can't seem to part with? I was in this predicament while cleaning out my china cabinet. I had lots of useless things. Such as these cognac cordial glasses. I'm more of a wine drinker myself so these glasses, pretty as they are, were just taking up valuable space.

how to clean out your china cabinet and get a nice repurpose too

I wanted to repurpose them in some way because I really hate throwing things away. And so I started playing with them and came up with this idea of stacking them one on top of the other.

A bit more rummaging through my cabinet and I found a bunch of demitasse saucers. But they had no cups. So why not use those too? I placed them on top of the cordial glasses and glued them all together, like this.

I painted the dishes with chalky type paint and I was finished! And what did I make?

I have absolutely no idea what you call them. Pedestals for tealights? For candles? Or even for some pretty things like jewelry? You tell me. I just know that I was able to repurpose items that previously were useless to me. This makes my recycling heart happy!

I've used tealights in my decor before, with some outside of the box thinking. And here you can see how I've added them into centerpieces. .Join my on the blog, the link is below, to see the full tutorial. And remember never throw anything out. There is always something you can repurpose it into!

• Demitasse saucers
  • Cordial Glasses
  • E-6000 glue

Mary - The Boondocks Blog

• Rambie

They could hold so many cool things. I love repurposing things and this is a very classy way of doing so. Great job!
  • B. Enne

good ideas!
    I'm currently decluttering and downsizing. I have gotten rid of so many things, but can't part with the family crystal. I am trying to find ways to make the objects more functional, so these posts are helping me think outside of the box. Thank you.
    • Mary - The Boondocks Blog

Thank you so much for your comment. We usually end up with so much stuff we no longer need or use. It's always fun to get the creative juices flowing and find new solutions.