How do you paint a concrete garden statue?

+5
. It has never been painted or sealed. What do you recommend???
  • Hillela G. Hillela G. on Apr 01, 2017
    You can use Unicorn Spit- its a beautiful option!
  • Diana Deiley Diana Deiley on Apr 01, 2017
    I've always lightly sanded the item, spray or paint on Kilz2, then paint with exterior paint. Several coats may be needed. I would also suggest spraying a clear sealer on it to protect it from the elements. Best of luck.
  • Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Apr 01, 2017
    Use a concrete primer for outside,allow to dry,paint with a concrete outdoor paint,allow to dry and seal with an outdoor sealer.
  • Karola Karola on Apr 01, 2017
    My best experience is coating rubberized floor paint
  • Shaley Shaley on Apr 03, 2017
    I painted a realistic style concreate statue for the church once. I use concreate paint. I went to the potters shop where they gave lessons and talked to her about what I was doing and asked what she recommended, she said concreate paint and sealer. So I went into town and bought some.
  • Shaley Shaley on Apr 04, 2017
    Do know about that, call a cement company, they know their product. everything the hardware stores suggested didn't work for my broken bird bath.
  • Lori Lori on Apr 06, 2017
    I paint mine with regular all purpose spray paint and use water based craft paint for the
    finer details. I have also used regular indoor spackle to fill cracks and pits. A coat of clear
    lacquer and it looks like new again.