DIY Tiered Baseball Snack or Cupcake Display Stand

I wanted to create a tiered stand for displaying treats when everyone comes over to watch a baseball game. It was time to get creative!

diy tiered baseball snack or cupcake display stand

I purchased a dozen baseballs and drilled holes all the way through five of them with a 7/8" drill bit.

At Hobby Lobby I found a wooden platter that was 14" across and some wood circles 10" and 6 1/2".

The smaller circles were thin, so I glued two of them together with wood glue to give them more stability.

I used the 7/8" drill bit and drilled a hole through the center of each of the re-enforced circles and the wooden platter.

I painted all of the circles white and painted a 7/8" dowel white.

I used an industrial strength adhesive to glue four balls (un-drilled) to the base of the platter for 'feet'.

I used a fine black Sharpie and a red Sharpie to draw the stitching onto the discs and the platter.

This is starting to look like a baseball theme!

I took the balls I had drilled through and stacked onto the dowel, fed it through the discs and the platter. For the bottom of the dowel, I drilled partially through a baseball and glued it onto the bottom of the dowel. A small dollop of adhesive was added to the baseballs above and below the discs for extra stability.

At the top I used one baseball, also only partially drilled and glued it to the top of the dowel. There you have it, a fun themed cupcake or snack stand ready for all of your baseball fans, or your favorite local team!

• Wooden Circles  (Hobby Lobby)
  • Wooden Platter  (Hobby Lobby)
  • 7/8" Dowel Rod  (Hobby Lobby)
Celebrate & Decorate (Chloe Crabtree)

• Jjm17945357

Not a question, but a comment. This is great! But why not leave the wooden plate undecorated? It looks like a baseball bat!

• Joe Jones

This would be great for a little league team party, serve cupcakes or anything of the like on it. I am an umpire for kids age 16 and under and the 7-13 year olds would love something like this. Here in Florida we have pool parties for the boys and this would really add to the theme thanks for the idea.

• Mary Jane Skrecz

Loveeeee it!!! What industrial glue did you use?? Thank you!

• Cou38881657

Do you think it would stand properly without the 4 balls on the bottom as feet?