Asked on Apr 5, 2017

What can I do with a cool Old GE Radio?

M SherwoodKathyMrs7301119
+8

picked this up not sure how to repurpose into something cool..open to ideas

picked it up a the thrift store

• Michelle Leslie
    Michelle Leslie

What a beautiful find. Is it big enough to convert into a wine rack perhaps
  • M Sherwood
    M Sherwood

thx that seems to be the popular conversion for these old radios, to be considered for sure..thx Marc
  • Tamie
    Tamie

I posted my own antique radio makeover, I opted to keep mine a "radio" - by stashing a bluetooth speaker inside.
  • M Sherwood
    M Sherwood

Tamie...that is a great idea I'll add it to the list of options..

thx Marc
  • Steve Robinson
    Steve Robinson

Yes, just clean up outside and bluetooth it!
  • Linda
    Linda

Keep as is with polish. Can't find that workmanship anymore. I made a RCA radio/78 player with 2 speaker sections into a desk. Just put them side by side. IT'S ALL WOOD.
  • John Biermacher
    John Biermacher

I like Tamie's project (http://www.hometalk.com/28485977/console-radio-rehab) especially the blue tooth aspect. I have converted some phono graphs into bars (see my projects). I assume you could do something similar with a radio. Converting the top into a flip up can be tricky, but probably doable.
  • Red21449144
    Red21449144

Got the bar and music make over. Put on rolers it could be a hall storage (back open drawers for extra chargers ,gloves ,spare keys stash your purse umbrella. .) Add a plug for phones . Could use in guest room set up with charger conection on front swing around place for them to store personal/ medication . Small apartment store towelsor tp
  • Mrs7301119
    Mrs7301119

I'd leave it alone. Nothing likes to be picked on when it becomes old. I'd make up a cool history about it, how you inherited it ~ where did it come from ~ where has it lived ~ Think of the movie The Red Violin...........just a suggestion. Good luck too you. What an amazing find.
    ~Roxi Lees
  • Kathy
    Kathy

I have one that is similar and i have in my living room just as it is. It is a family heirloom and even has my initials in it from when i was a kid! I get a lot of comments on it when guests come over.

• M Sherwood
    M Sherwood

thanks always a good option to leave as is