DIY Baseball Hat Rack

$15

I built this hat rack as a fun project to help celebrate baseball season! This project is perfect for the kids room, game room or anywhere else you'd love to show your baseball pride!

Begin by cutting two pieces of pallet wood to the same length. If you have one board wider than the other, that is ideal. Sand the wood smooth to remove any rough spots or splinters.

You'll be assembling the piece with 2 or 3 inch screws, whichever you have on hand. Use a drill bit slightly smaller in diameter than the screws to drill pilot holes.

Clamp the smaller board on top of the wider board, lengthwise. Drill pilot holes and secure the pieces together, as seen in the photo below.

Drill holes evenly spaced across the wider board where we'll attach the baseballs. Make sure you leave enough room between the pilot holes, so the hats will hang comfortably without being cramped.

Apply your finish to the piece. Paint it, stain it or do what I did and use a danish oil to finish the piece.

Once the finish has dried, you can attach the baseballs.

Screw through the back of the piece, through your pilot holes and into the baseballs. Don't over tighten or you risk stripping the screw in the baseball.

Figure out where you want to hang your baseball hat rack and attach it to the wall. Either drill pilot holes and attach it to the wall studs or use wall anchors.

Hang your hats and add some decor, like a picture of your favorite player...

Or make it simple with some baseballs - you could even display your little ones trophies!

Thanks for checking out my DIY project! Please subscribe to my blog to see all my DIY, Recipes and Travel updates.

Visit my blog link below to see more detailed instructions!

• Pallet boards  (My stash)
  • 2" or 3" screws  (Home Depot)
  • Baseballs  (Walmart)

Andrew @ ScrappyGeek.com

• Rkl16919081

Oh this Is si pretty!! Can I use tennis balls?
    • Rkl16919081

Thankyou Andrew and Thankyou Tree for answered me, I Will make 2, one with tennis ball and one with baseball. You both are Great!!

• Ivory

excellent job! I am sure your boys love it. Will be making one this summer for my little guy room. Thanks for sharing,
  • Cud15744056

This is perfect for my granddaughter. I missed out on my grandson. . I have everything including a picture of Willie Mayes that I got from him about 30 years ago Including a baseball he signed ! Can't wait to get started .
    Oh heck I lie ! I will add it to all the other crafts I intend to make tomorrow !!! ha ha
    • Andrew @ ScrappyGeek.com

Awesome! That's so cool to add the Willie Mays picture and signed ball...just don't use the ball as one of the hangers! haha