Galvanized Bucket Hanging Succulent Planter

Like so many of you, I love to decorate in a farmhouse style. Nothing says farmhouse like galvanized metal! I picked up this great galvanized bucket at the craft store for 50% off making it $5! It is a really good size too.

Next, I grabbed a bag of spanish moss, about 20 faux succulents and a piece of chicken wire. Succulents are great because they require little care. You don’t necessarily need a green thumb to grow them. Also, they make some really good fake succulents like the ones I used in my Galvanized Bucket Hanging Succulent Planter. Next, get your glue gun ready.

Cut the chicken wire with metal snips to the length and width that you need. I cut it so it would only cover about half of the bucket, as I wanted the bucket to show. Fill the chicken wire with spanish moss and really pack it in so it is nice and full. I used a full bag for this project. Then just hot glue the succulents in a nice arrangement to ensure it is even and full. I usually lay it out first to make sure I like it prior to hot glueing.

These succulents are very realistic looking and the best thing is-no watering! I may put this on the covered deck once the weather is nicer. To hang it I hot glued a soda can tab to the back. It’s a great way to hang things like metal or ceramic-as long as it is not too heavy. If you liked this you may also like my succulent wreath here.

I am so in love with it and it was really easy to make. My sister has already asked that I make one for her as she does not have a green thumb. This project took less than 30 minutes to create and with a coupon the total cost was under $15! Bring on Spring!

18 String Art Ideas That You'll Want To Hang In Your Home
These Bathroom Makeovers Might Inspire You To Update Your Own
15 Ways to Spice up Your Floors
Upcycle Your Old Clothing Items For These Great Ideas!
14 DIY Must-Haves For All Camping Trips
3 Simple Green Ways To Clean In Your Home
Our Crafty Mom

• Jay
    Jay

I’m so inspired! It’s fantastic! Thank you!

• Grandmasue10
    Grandmasue10

I thought I'd like a hanging succulent basket similar to this, then I read some of them don't like direct afternoon sun when it's 90 degrees or so. SW sun is the only place I have to hang them, so artificial would be the way to go for me. I have killed too many live plants to try again. We also get very hi winds occasionally which dessicate everything. Denver, CO)