Paint It Black - Door Makeover

$20

The Rolling Stones were right - "paint it black!" (your interior door, that is) This one small task is amazingly transforming!

I never thought, at the age of 50 (ish), that I would consider Mick Jagger my life coach. But he’s right. Paint it black.

Pinterest is teeming with before and after photos of interior doors painted black, so I thought I’d add my latest project to the mix. I love the retro-minimalist feel of my Florida beach condo, but the foyer needed something. Just a touch a drama. So I pulled out my paintbrush, cranked up the Rolling Stones on Pandora, and painted my front door black. I actually used the paint color Urbane Bronze, because I had it on hand. It’s a bit lighter than plain black, and I love it.

And here’s the cool part. Any type of door can be transformed with black paint. French doors, sliding barn doors, paneled doors, modern doors, you name it.
I’d love to write a long post with tons of photos, but sometimes short and sweet is best. Who knew such a small task would have such a dramatic impact. Don’t you love it?

So go ahead. Paintbrush. Black paint. Loud music. And a bit of courage. Go for it.

• Black paint
  • Paint brush

31 Ways To Keep Your Home Organized
20 Ways To Improve Your Drop Cloth
15 Unconventional Ways To Use A Tomato Cage
Turn A Cake Pan Into A Shelf + More Clever Repurposing Ideas!
27 Wonderful Ways You Can Use Scrapbooking Paper
Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
3 Weird Step-by-Step Ways to Decorate Your Plain Tea Towels
25 Fabulous Feather Projects That You Don't Want To Miss
30 Creative Painting Techniques & Ideas You MUST See
How A Little Bit Of Glitter Can Go A Long Way!
Easy DIY Ideas To Add Some FUN To Your Office Space
12 Container Garden Ideas to Kick Off Spring
23 Valentine's Day DIY Ideas That You Don't Want To Miss
Wendy at myfrenchtwist.com