Make Your Own Pier 1 Rope Lamp Knock Off

$10.00

You don’t need to spend a small fortune and buy a Pier 1 Rope Lamp when you can make it yourself for around $10! You can transform any old lamp you have easily – all you need is a lamp, some jute cord, and a glue gun! You will be as thrilled as I am when you make your own Pier 1 Rope Lamp Knock off!

I was browsing around on the Pier 1 website and saw their Rope Lamp and loved it – when I saw the price tag, I was falling out of love quickly. It was $169.00!!! Then, I had a lightbulb moment! I knew I could make a knock off myself and easily too! 

Imagine, you can save $169.00! All you have to do is make one yourself. 

Once I had the jute in hand, I knew it would be the perfect solution. It’s super inexpensive and was exactly the size I needed. 

So what is Jute anyway? 

Jute is a natural fiber that can be spun and woven into a variety of textures. It is also one of the most versatile choices for any aspect of home decor. It is durable and strong, yet can be surprisingly soft to the touch (depending on the treatment and tightness of the weave). If you’re looking for a new way to add interest to any room, consider layering in an organic feel with jute.

You get plenty of jute and I even had some left over. 

All you need is a glue gun and you are ready to rock and roll and make your own Pier 1 Rope Lamp!

Carefully glue the rope around the base and be sure to place the jute (rope) exactly where you want it. 

It took about there hours from start to finish to make. I’m so thrilled I was about to save $169.00 and have the lamp I wanted. 

This lamp is so beautiful with a little bit rustic with a modern attitude!

Please stop by my blog for more instruction and images too! I'd love to see you there! Recently, I made these  Farmhouse Mason Jars so be sure to check them out too! 

Also, subscribe to my newsletter for giveaways, updates, and much more!  Subscribe Here! 

Thank you!

Carolann

Sassy Townhouse Living

Hometalk's Top 20 DIY Crafts For Kids
30 Fabulous Wreath Ideas That Will Make Your Neighbors Smile
15 Genius Hacks to Keep Pests Away
Old License Plates Lying Around? Check Out These 28 Snazzy Decor Ideas
21 Clever Wind Chimes You Can Make
Check Out These 15 Beautiful Flower Ideas For Spring
18 String Art Ideas That You'll Want To Hang In Your Home
Live Life In Color With These Amazing Ideas For Your Home
Sassy Townhouse Living

• Sasha

Great job money saved an money well spent,love it what kind of glue did you use?
    • Fran2

What a great idea! I love this lamp. One question. Why didn't you go all the way to the top. Did you run out of rope or leave this on purpose? I have an old lamp in my basement that has a crack. This would be a great fix.

• Bren

I might have just put the jute rope in the grooves and left the wood showing in between. Still a great look!

• Cici

I did this with a old pot and put artificial flowers in it!