Cleaning feather pillows

+2
Help! I have a few feather bed pillows. How do I clean them?
  • I wash mine, gentle cycle, cold wash. Then air dry and a run through the dryer on fluff setting only. I like to dry in the sun. I place an old sheet on a patio table, then place the wet pillows down and cover with beach towels.

• Nic22009011 Nic22009011 on Apr 08, 2017
    I wash on a regular cycle, place in dryer on heat cycle for an hour then place in the sunshine. Last I put them back in dryer on air dry for as long as it takes. I like to make sure they get very dry. I usually wash 2 x a year.

• Mishalucy Mishalucy on Apr 08, 2017
    i wash in front load washer and dry in dryer and then outside.

• Nancy Nancy on Apr 08, 2017
    First of all, make sure they are well stitched and if not, purchase pillow protectors and put them inside the the protectors before washing. Wash on gentle cycle and then dry on low to medium heat till dry and fluffy. Pillow protectors keep loose feathers inside where they belong and not in the washing machine.

• Dfm Dfm on Apr 10, 2017
    cold wash with a product made to wash down coats, low heat in the dryer- with tennis balls- 2-3 should do.