From Dull and Boring Office Chair to Crafter's Joy

1 Material

I've been doing quite a bit of painting lately and got tired of having to pack up my paints and clear the dinning table each night. We have a double garage and only use the one half, so I decided what better place to set up a crafting area. Much to my husbands amusement. I didn't want to buy on new pieces, so decided to revamp a couple of existing excess pieces. It is a crafting area after all!!! My first piece was the office chair.
Nothing about this chair was inspirational. Boring office chair. My mum gave me a lot of material samples when we last visited them. I had no idea what I was going to do with them. Might as well start now.
There was such a lovely variety. I chose my favorite pieces, and sewed them together. And please take note my sewing skills are very basic.
I made the cover like a pillow slip.
I painted the arms with antique white chalk paint. That paint takes to any surface. Absolutely amazing. I sealed it with a matte sealer.
I used gel medium to stick material pieces onto the arms. Another amazing product. It can be used as a glue, it dries clear. Or can also be used on a canvas for texture.
This matched so much better than the black.
My end product. I absolutely love it. The cover just slips off and can be easily washed.

• Material samples, sewing machine, chalk paint and sealer, gel medium