Stair Reface

I needed to reface my stairs to get my house ready for sale but I fell and broke my rib so it really hurt my budget when I couldn't work and I had to get creative.
I started this years ago pulling up carpet and I spent weeks cleaning off paint and nails. I then wood burned a design into the steps. Life got busy and I never finished.

My husband passed and I needed a low budget fix to sell our house. Cutting my own risers was not an option as I'm not that talented and precut risers are really expensive! Not to mention the steps were not standard sizes of 7 inches.

I opted for vinyl tiles that I could cut to fit and they were only 88 cents for a 12x12 tile.

I trimmed it with quarter round to keep it in place and make it look finished. I then restained the steps to keep my original design. The whole project cost me about 30.00.
I trimmed it with quarter round to keep it in place and make it look finished. I then re-stained the steps to keep my original design. The whole project cost me about $30.00.

• 12x12 Vinyl tile  (Lowes)
  • Minwax honey pecan stain  (Lowes)
  • Quarter round  (Lowes)